The Benefits of Tequila

Sorry TigerCrew, but she bribed me better than you did.

Moderators: GreenCrayon, Lethal Interjection, Kimra, Oldrac the Chitinous, Amerika, Cirtur, Kisai, Astrogirl, Kovvy, carbonstealer, Apocalyptus, PyroPrav, Felstaff, smiley_cow, Sahan, Euclidthegreek, Kaharz, Asherian, FengharTheNord

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Wait... How much of this did you actually edit?
Was it actually always Tequila? Because then they've got marketting to me down to a science.
It also makes it, far and away, the best spam post of all time, hands down. Yes, two qualifiers that essentially mean the same thing. Thats how good it was.

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

Lethal Interjection wrote:Wait... How much of this did you actually edit?
Was it actually always Tequila? You are so awesome.
It was always Tequila. If I add something to someone else's post, I'll do it in green, for obvious reasons. If I remove or alter something in someone else's post, you'll see a note at the bottom letting you know what I changed. It's a little self-regulation that helps people know I'm trying to be fair.

Oh, and if I edit a quote, I'll often (if not always) make that red, to point out the differences.
Pirate.

wolf
She-Barbarian of the North

Post by wolf »

I have to disagree with this thread. Tequila is good for people who want to look hard core with their drinking, but everyone knows that rye is the best bet for a good time. Rye gives you courage and makes you able to take anyone on.

Either neat, on the rocks, mixed or as a shot; rye, whiskey or bourbon is the way to go. Tequila is more of a school girl drink
Can you hold my hand? It's a big poop

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

ahhh wolf returns :O
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

wolf

Post by wolf »

mountainmage wrote:ahhh wolf returns :O
That I am, for now at least.We'll see how long it takes for something shiney to catch my attention and take me away from the computer. My guess is 13 days.

I was going to partially read the posts on the forum since I was gone but decided against that. I thought that I should mark my return by lending my expertise in this topic.

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

wolf wrote:rye, whiskey or bourbon is the way to go.
Wow, my 3 least favorite drinks. You can add scotch to the list but that's just whiskey anyway.

I like my beer. I like it so bitter you have to go outside, put a pipe on the gas pedal, and drive over your own face after every gulp. I like it so dark mearly looking into the bottle causes insanity and when you look away you are so light blinded that you can see in UV.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

TwoBuy wrote:You can add scotch to the list but that's just whiskey anyway.
I hate that more people don't know this.
I am constantly corrected when I use whiskey where someone thinks I should have used scotch, or even rye.
They are all in the same family and there are rye whiskey's and so on. The distinguishable differences between them are few.
There is no need to correct me, I know what I am doing.

Simon.
Simon.

Post by Simon. »

TwoBuy wrote:I like my beer. I like it so bitter you have to go outside, put a pipe on the gas pedal, and drive over your own face after every gulp. I like it so dark mearly looking into the bottle causes insanity and when you look away you are so light blinded that you can see in UV.
You might like VB then, it isn't especially dark. But goddamn it is so repulsive to drink. So bitter. I saw an ad for it once on the teleb0x. And I knew we had a few in the fridge, so I thought I'd try one. Now I'm not a drinker anyway, and beer is certainly not on a list of my favoured drinks. But this was like drinking vomit. So disgustingly awful. So after I poured it down the sink and sent hate mail to them, I though I'd tell everyone about how bad it is.

But most of my friends like it. I'd say it was an Australian drink but... It's just awful.
Not a big fan of signatures.

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

Simon. wrote:But this was like drinking vomit.
If we're doing a "worst drink EVAR" conversation, I'll add my 20 cents* worth. The most repulsive thing I've ever tasted has to be Allbright, a local brew that -- at least at one time -- claimed to be "The Taste of Wales". And if ever I had to choose a drink that reflected an unwashed mass of coal miners who enjoyed wallowing in their own victimisation, this would truly be it.

I've never tasted cat urine, but I've smelled it. And if I had to imagine what said urine might taste like, Allbright would definitely fit the bill.

The second worst drink was some white rum that showed up in my possession with a convoluted story behind it. Suffice to say, I think it was switched with paint stripper somewhere along the line.

* Pffft, inflation.
Pirate.

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

GreenCrayon wrote:I think it was switched with paint stripper somewhere along the line.
So anything Monarch then?
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

epoch
lovably determined to find intertube acc

Post by epoch »

basically I can't drink anything that tastes like black licorice.

it makes me gag everytime...jager,sambuca,etc...I can't touch any of it.
Fluid Philanderer.
Crusty wrote:Sig'ed

wolf

Post by wolf »

Lethal Interjection wrote:
I am constantly corrected when I use whiskey where someone thinks I should have used scotch, or even rye.
They are all in the same family and there are rye whiskey's and so on. The distinguishable differences between them are few.
Finally someone else that knows as much about booze as I do.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

epoch wrote:basically I can't drink anything that tastes like black licorice.

I concur.
I don't like any of the licorice or cinnamon flavoured drinks. I also loathe gin with an undying passion that burns with the fire of a thousand suns .
My poison of choice is either Tequila (Cuervo is the only decent stuff I can get up here, Sauza is filth), Rye (I go all over the map for this, it could be Crown Royal, Canadian Club, Seagrams, or Gibsons, with the occasional other thrown in) or the occasional vodka (generally Smirnoff).

For beer my two favourites would have to be Moosehead and Rickards Red. Shoutouts go to Sleeman's Honey Brown, Alexander Keiths and some imports (Heineken, Stella Artois, Tuborg, etc).
Another thing I hate with an undying passion that burns with the fire of a thousand suns is a beer called Hoegaarden. Ugghhh... the only beer I have not finished. I also do not like Bud at all.
I do appreciate the bitter beers, but not as much as I have. Back about 4 years ago I had a love affair with a nice beer that is difficult to get ahold of called Tartan Special. I have since tried it and not liked it as much as I had back in the day. I can handle Guinness as well, but I rarely find myself in the mood for that kind of beer.

epoch
lovably determined to find intertube acc

Post by epoch »

epoch wrote:basically I can't drink anything that tastes like black licorice.

I concur.
I don't like any of the licorice or cinnamon flavoured drinks. I also loathe gin with .
My poison of choice is either Tequila (Cuervo is the only decent stuff I can get up here, Sauza is filth), Rye (I go all over the map for this, it could be Crown Royal, Canadian Club, Seagrams, or Gibsons, with the occasional other thrown in) or the occasional vodka (generally Smirnoff).

For beer my two favourites would have to be Moosehead and Rickards Red. Shoutouts go to Sleeman's Honey Brown, Alexander Keiths and some imports (Heineken, Stella Artois, Tuborg, etc).
Another thing I hate with an undying passion that burns with the fire of a thousand suns is a beer called Hoegaarden. Ugghhh... the only beer I have not finished. I also do not like Bud at all.
I do appreciate the bitter beers, but not as much as I have. Back about 4 years ago I had a love affair with a nice beer that is difficult to get ahold of called Tartan Special. I have since tried it and not liked it as much as I had back in the day. I can handle Guinness as well, but I rarely find myself in the mood for that kind of beer.
I think we find ourselves in complete agreement.

however the ones I tend to go for are:

Irish whiskey, or scotch.

Beer (light,dark,import, domestic, high end,cheap)

and Rum*...I love rum...current favorite is Captain Morgan "Tattoo" rum.

* I tend to hang out with a lot of pirates.
Fluid Philanderer.
Crusty wrote:Sig'ed

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

wolf wrote:
Finally someone else that knows as much about booze as I do.
That's true... as lethal and wolf are our resident alcoholics, and as i am the unofficial junior deputy of this forum, I declare that those 2 need to compete in some kind of drinking/slurred speech rap battle. I leave the terms and time to you two. Have at thee.