What does foie gras taste like?

Sorry TigerCrew, but she bribed me better than you did.

Moderators: GreenCrayon, Lethal Interjection, Kimra, Oldrac the Chitinous, Amerika, Cirtur, Kisai, Astrogirl, Kovvy, carbonstealer, Apocalyptus, PyroPrav, Felstaff, smiley_cow, Sahan, Euclidthegreek, Kaharz, Asherian, FengharTheNord

AlexJackson

Post by AlexJackson »

NathanGreen

Re: What does foie gras taste like?

Post by NathanGreen »

"I just had a dish made with foie gras that had me rhapsodizing for days.

Animal on Fairfax does ""Liquid Foie Agnolotti"" ... and I called it ""Continental Soup Dumplings"". It takes like essence of umami, mixed with the sensation of a butter-enriched sauce. Like bacon without the Nackle and smoke.

If you've had marrowbone, the sensation of the concentrated beefiness, but transported to the sense of portions of chicken fat with a tiny hint of liver funk might be close.

But foie tastes like foie. This is like trying to describe strawberries or bananas. There's a reason why people have been eating it for so long. Nothing else will really be a complete substitute.

Someone else said it tasted like suffering and gluttony. If that were the case, it should taste like fast food hamburgers.

Metaphorically, it tastes of care and deftness to me. Sensuality and luxury...not because of the cost, but because of the way it melts and carries flavor."

JacobKing21

Re: What does foie gras taste like?

Post by JacobKing21 »

Probably foie gras has such a nice flavor due to the large amount of fat contained in the liver. After all, fat content means flavor! The buttery, rich and tender meaty flavor of foie gras, as well as its silky and smooth texture make it such a sought-after ingredient in our family and we order it here https://www.gourmetfoodstore.com/foie-g ... -foie-gras, they have the lowest prices.