lol hay guise ima terrorist!

Some of the News, every Once in a While

Moderator: GreenCrayon

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

lol hay guise ima terrorist!

Post by Edminster »

So, according to the latest screed from the DHS, Rightwing Extremists can now be classified as Terrorists. However, because of DHS' traditionally broad definition system, I am caught in that oh-so-large net. To wit:
Department of Homeland Security wrote:Rightwing extremism in the United States can be broadly divided into those groups, movements, and
adherents that are primarily hate-oriented (based on hatred of particular religious, racial or ethnic groups),
and those that are mainly antigovernment, rejecting federal authority in favor of state or local authority, or
rejecting government authority entirely. It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a
single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration.
(emphasis mine)

Speaking of anti-government activities, anybody else in the US doing the Tea Party thing today?
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Re: lol hay guise ima terrorist!

Post by smiley_cow »

Edminster wrote:... those that are mainly antigovernment, rejecting federal authority in favor of state or local authority

Heh, if that were true in Canadia that means that most of the province of Quebec and Alberta would be considered terrorists. This amuses me.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

Department of Homeland Security wrote:adherents that are primarily hate-oriented (based on hatred of particular religious, racial or ethnic groups),
Hey! I'm a terrorist too!

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Department of Homeland Security wrote: It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration.

Wait, does this mean all those church groups that are always fighting abortion are also terrorists?
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

You gotta love our Government for this sort of intense stupidity.

Because if you don't, you're a terrorist.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

I heard that the term 'liberal' was made to have very negative connotations during the Bush Era, so much so that many Democrat politicians were trying to prove they weren't liberal.* Maybe this is some form of cheap revenge on their part?

*I source this from Michael Moore, so I really don't know how factual it is.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

rustypup
Indignant Newshound

Post by rustypup »

So, this means that Texas is now one big terrorist organisation?

I believe that use of certain encryption protocols also qualify you for the 'subversives' list.... "You whirpool your digest?! Slap him in chains!" :/
Half dachsund, half sneaky neighbour's dog - all nose.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

What do you mean you won't let me into Mexico?
Suspected terrorist! I am offended at this. I am merely a drug trafficer.

I think a border guard owes me an apology.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

I've been doing some research, and it seems the two documents that are brought up to 'counter' the document are 'LEFT-WING EXTREMISM: The Current Threat' (published before DHS came into existence and thoroughly cites sources and specific threats, unlike the one regarding Right Wing concerns), and the one that is by DHS entitled 'Leftwing Extremists Likely to Increase Use of Cyber Attacks over the Coming Decade' (which also cites actual concerns and specific threats), from which I quote:
Department of Homeland Security wrote:DHS/Office of Intelligence and Analysis defines leftwing extremists as groups or individuals who embrace radical elements of the anarchist, animal rights, or environmental movements and are often willing to violate the law to achieve their objectives. Many leftwing extremist groups are not hierarchically ordered with defined members, leaders, or chain of command structures but operate as loosely-connected underground movements composed of “lone wolves,” small cells, and splinter groups.

gödel stop spreading fud

Khazd
Triscuit Ninja

Post by Khazd »

Does this mean we can finally shoot PETA for demanding things like having groups change their names?
..-. ..- -.-. -.- / -.-- --- ..-

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Or trying to rebrand fish to sea kittens, which I think is an affront to humanity. Though I haven't figured out exactly how yet.

Also I am a vegetarian who doesn't eat fish, but I don't think fish do feel physical affection. Not really anyways.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

God, I'm totally going to do that! We already refer to muslims as terrorists, and women as people!
Hell, we could call teenage pregnancy "catching that coolness".

"Bob? Remember that time we both got really 'responsible adult happy' (drunk) and we had the 'consensual party time' (sex)? Well, it turns out I 'caught that coolness' (pregnancy) and now you gotta 'cut off your balls' (support your sperm-infestation--erm I mean bastar- I mean child)."
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Guys...I have something to tell you. I'm a lone wolf.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Khazd
Triscuit Ninja

Post by Khazd »

Do you have small groups and splinter cells too? That sounds painful...
..-. ..- -.-. -.- / -.-- --- ..-

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

You mean sea kittens, sea kittens or sea kittens?

That said, don't catfish already have sea kittens?
Last edited by mountainmage on Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed Cheez's link for him
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird