What if Marijuana Were Legal? Possible Outcomes.

Some of the News, every Once in a While

Moderator: GreenCrayon

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Re: What if Marijuana Were Legal? Possible Outcomes.

Post by Edminster »

Aww, I was expressly leaving open the option of Rainbow joining your Kingdom and gaining D.I. that way. Apparently I am a brutal Reality-Checker, instead.
GirlsDontDoThat wrote:Then they arrest you.
Oddly enough, Maryland police don't have any issue arresting you for following the speed limit, regardless of what State you're from.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

GirlsDontDoThat
YesTheyDo

Post by GirlsDontDoThat »

I was talking about PA police. Everyone know Maryland police are pricks.
"Everyone needs a good uncle. I can be your uncle."

Rainbow
*~t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m~*

Post by Rainbow »

mountainmage wrote:Yes, I'm pretty sure committing a crime in a state you're visiting still counts as a crime. :|
Possessing marijewana in Cali is not a crime! Not a state crime, of course. You can get buzzusted by the feds no matter where you go. I was just wondering whether the state notacrime*ness applied to visitors and for some reason I asked you all.

*AWESOMESONG
AHMETxROCK wrote:This is not quoteworthy.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

This is the 2nd time you've said buzzusted. This is the 2nd time I'm angrily staring at that word.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

Fun thing, the state police can and will arrest you for possession of marijuana. Of course you normally have to have an oddly large amount on you, and being busted for something else, but it is something that can be done. I dislike the large number of people who assume that nothing bad can happen to them for it around this area. Your property can still be seized, you jailed, and a whole list of unpleasant things. True its highly unlikely, especially by local cops, but its not unheard of and does happen.

I'm against the federal laws regarding drugs, marijuana particularly, but I'm against most federal level laws go figure I'd dislike this one too.
As pure as the driven snow. Bitches

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

The police can and will arrest you no matter how much it is. A small amount is possession of a controlled substance, a large amount is possession with intent to sell/distribute.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

I was referring to california. They can and will for any, but normally only get motivated if its a decently large quantity and/or another crime is involved.
As pure as the driven snow. Bitches

Euclidthegreek
Fisty McGee

Post by Euclidthegreek »

Sorry. I'm necroing a thread again. This is the last time, I promise.

Medical marijuana is legal in the state of California. You must get a recommendation from a doctor (I believe it is in the form of some kind of card) in order to legally posses it. These are supposed to be easy to get (I've never tried but I see a lot of ads for "doctors" who can get you the card). If you don't have a card, you can be arrested by the local cops. The San Francisco Police Department does not prosecute people for possession (there are just too many stoners), but you can certainly be arrested in other counties. In addition, the Feds can arrest you and have conducted raids of medical marijuana dispensaries. It may be easy to acquire the stuff here [California], but that doesn't mean you won't go to jail. California also has rather harsh sentencing laws, which have resulted in severely overcrowded prisons.
Edminster wrote:I'm starting to think Euclid lives in the past.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Feds learn to take stick out of ass; for now.

Post by AHMETxRock »

Just like an std, will never fully go away.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

So, the article was about how police should obey the law? Wow. Shocker.

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

Pretty soon they'll be telling cops not to beat black people for sport!

WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END. Also:
Samuel Bagdorf of San Francisco, who suffers from anxiety disorders, lights his marijuana pipe at the San Francisco Medical Cannabis Clinic in San Francisco, Monday, Oct. 19, 2009.
Fuck you can be nervous and smoke pot?! Eventually they'll start giving out prescriptions to people for their crippling marijuana addictions. The photo they use is particularly candid, since it displays what appears to be a respectable member of society in what appears to not be a crack-house disguised as a clinic.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Inb4 "Marijuana is not addictive!"

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

I'll totally buy the existence of a marijuana addiction, it's just it'll never approach what you'd call crippling. It'd be like if you had a coffee every morning and then decided to skip it one morning, you'd be going all day, "man, I wish I had a coffee this morning!"

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

LordRetard wrote:I'll totally buy the existence of a marijuana addiction, it's just it'll never approach what you'd call crippling. It'd be like if you had a coffee every morning and then decided to skip it one morning, you'd be going all day, "man, I wish I had a coffee this morning!"
Without having consumed the stuff, I can understand this.
A habitual addiction, rather than dependence addiction.

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

Like the internet!

Somebody, anybody, help me! Please!
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.