What if Marijuana Were Legal? Possible Outcomes.

Some of the News, every Once in a While

Moderator: GreenCrayon

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Re: What if Marijuana Were Legal? Possible Outcomes.

Post by smiley_cow »

While I don't agree with preventive detentions, I don't think that alone makes him a bad President. In fact it's the only thing I've seen him do yet that I strongly disagree with. I'd like to be strict enough in my judgement of politicians that they could never do a thing I disagree with, but honestly, if I were, I wouldn't have anyone left to support.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

smiley_cow wrote:While I don't agree with preventive detentions, I don't think that alone makes him a bad President. In fact it's the only thing I've seen him do yet that I strongly disagree with.
QFT.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

I disagree with most politicians, and that's WHY I don't support any of them. I find it deeply disturbing that anyone could claim to represent my interests when they haven't even met me. Ach, better than anything else, I guess.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

I always see politics as choosing the lesser evil.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

There always needs to be some sort of compromise. Either you are inclined to intelligently compromise when you must and can agree with what must be done, or you are ticked off whenever something you enjoy is taken away. This goes the same for either good or bad decisions or resolutions or regulations or whatever.
The right to trial and habeas corpus is not something I think should be yielded, for however. Obama can take it up the ass with a jagged rusty object that is only slightly larger than his orifice. Seriously, I stopped complaining because he hadn't yet done anything bad, but of course no one kicks things off right away.

Bush was diverting money and resources, supposedly in reserve or some other crap like that, to prepare to fight in Iraq before 9/11 even occured. He waited nearly a year to launch, however.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

hawhaw1267
Half the laugh, twice the Haw

Post by hawhaw1267 »

Rainbow wrote:I don't care much for YOUR_FACE. You're okay, though.
Yay! Go Hawhaw, go Hawhaw, it's yo birthday

Rainbow
*~t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m~*

Post by Rainbow »

I felt all fake high again today. It's kinda sketchin' me out. I didn't smoke nothin' I can remember, but I was definitely not in my normal mindframe, and I certainly felt like I'd smoked the reefer.
AHMETxROCK wrote:This is not quoteworthy.

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

Well now I've just got no damn clue if you didn't listen to my last explanation, so maybe someone's been injecting you with heroin while you sleep. DOPE heroin.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

LordRetard wrote:Well now I've just got no damn clue if you didn't listen to my last explanation, so maybe someone's been injecting you with heroin while you sleep. DOPE heroin.
ALTERNATE THEORY:
Stress caused by preparations for a trip to China is causing a serotonin imbalance!
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Rainbow
*~t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m~*

Post by Rainbow »

No, that hasn't really set in yet. Things don't tend to hit me until they happen. Even then, sometimes they don't hit me.
AHMETxROCK wrote:This is not quoteworthy.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

You have way too many agility points then.
Last edited by Sahan on Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

It's probably the Uncanny Dodge granted by her Rogue levels.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

And the feat where if she doesn't believe something exists, it can't harm her.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

I don't have that one in my handbook...

fancybone

Post by fancybone »

Can't be bothered to read the thread (15 posts per page? Argh!), but I offer this contribution:

http://steve-yegge.blogspot.com/2009/04 ... juana.html

Basically, describes the difficulty of legalizing marijuana by viewing it as a software project and showing the difficulty in writing the specifications alone, let alone implementing and enforcing them.
This blog is about complexity, the bugbear that haunts software developers, program managers, project managers, and all other individuals associated with trying to launch new software projects and services.

If you think that legalizing marijuana is a black-and-white, let's just decide it and get the frigging thing legalized once-and-for-all issue, then you too have some VP blood in you.

VPs have what my brother Mike refers to as "Shit's Easy Syndrome".

You know. As in, shit's easy. If it's easy to imagine, then it's easy to implement. Programming is just turning imagination into reality. You can churn through shit as fast as the conscious mind can envision it. Any programmer who can't keep up is an underperformer who needs to be "topgraded" to make room for incredible new college hires who can make it happen, no matter what "it" happens to be.

Let's ask our little naggy angel: what would it take to legalize marijuana?

I don't know the answer, and I'm certainly no expert, but I've been on enough projects like this to know how to start asking the right questions.