So I heard Kim Jong-Il is dead.

Some of the News, every Once in a While

Moderator: GreenCrayon

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Re: So I heard Kim Jong-Il is dead.

Post by DonRetrasado »

The same thing happened with GWB all the time. He made a lot of rather ordinary mistakes that were hyped up in the media. Then he got elected two terms. How stupid is that?
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

DonRetrasado wrote:The same thing happened with GWB all the time. He made a lot of rather ordinary mistakes that were hyped up in the media. Then he got elected two terms. How stupid is that?
True, but his were public speaking problems. I'm not saying he's an idiot, but it certainly becomes easier to pin him as such. I mean Perry's had his speech issues too, but this one is different, and I've heard more about this one than any of the others.
Perry's error was typographical. And probably not even his error, but some scribe copying down something, somewhat mindlessly.
And I knew the guy's name, but I would've spelled it with a capital 'i' (Kim Jong-Il), and I can understand someone forgetting or not knowing there's a hyphen. Tell me that's not an easy mistake to have made.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Yeah I've seen it written as Kim Jong-II before so it doesn't strike me as a big deal.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

sotic
[Insert Here]

Post by sotic »

For most of my historically-ignorant youth so far I was totally unaware of who Kim Jong-Il was. Most of the typefaces I saw his name in didn't make capital "eye" very distinct from lowercase "ell" so I thought it was Kim Jong the Second for a long time. Then I heard someone pronounce his name.

An acquaintance of mine used to talk about some nation sending propaganda leaflets into North Korea, where (according to him) it's illegal to pick up/hold enemy propaganda. But the leaflets also had portraits of Kim Jong-Il, whose picture was illegal to leave laying on the ground. My Google-fu is not very strong so I can't verify the truth value of this story.
Wind catches lily / Scatt'ring petals to the wind: / Segmentation fault

JustAnotherRandomLad

Post by JustAnotherRandomLad »

I think we can all agree that whoever came up with what Perry said on his "Strong" campaign video is a complete idiot - whoever that was. Also, the typical person who makes noticeable commentary about this sort of thing on the Internet is a Democrat and an atheist. (I think we can thank Reddit for that.) It's a recipe for disaster for any Republican candidate's apparent reputation - around here, at least.

Anyway, back on topic: Sotic, I can't find anything about it on Google, either, but from what I did find I wouldn't doubt the story too much.
P.D. East wrote:Love your enemies. It makes them so damned mad.

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

Oi oi, none of this back on topic bullshit.
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

Pitch Hitter
[Insert Here]

Post by Pitch Hitter »

Great job!