And Finally

Some of the News, every Once in a While

Moderator: GreenCrayon

Dane Raider

Re: And Finally

Post by Dane Raider »

The equivalent to over here is not so bad. But that place does look like a dump.
Being kinky is when you tickle your girlfriend's anus with a feather, being perverted is when you bypass that hassle and just start humping chickens.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

I call shenanigans on that. She payed 12,000 and then charges 700 a month? They could have bought the house if they'd kipped on a friends floor for two months.
King Prawn

Sprinkles
[Insert Here]

Post by Sprinkles »

12,000 divided by 700 is 17, not 2.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

And that, everyone, is why I'm not a mathematician.
King Prawn

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

Sahan wrote:Yeah, I have no idea how they'd manage it. I was working full time during the summer at an engineering company for about $30 an hour (incredibly good compared to normal casual or hopitality pay) and would have spent half of that on paying he rent if that was my fee. They must be really roughing it out if they add other living expenditures on that.
You made $30/hr and $700 was half your pay? That should be less than a quarter of your pay after taxes and fairly manageable. I make less than that and I currently pay $650. I was paying $725 before my girlfriend and I got a place together. It is a bit of a stretch for me since I was foolish with my finances in my younger years and have some debts to pay, but I'm hardly roughing it.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I'm paying $725 right now, and it is nearly half my income. I need to find new work or I'm going to have to move. Which is not something I really want to do.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

But does $700 afford you a whole house?? I don't know anyone in Toronto who pays less than $750 for an apartment. Everything is stupid expensive here though.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

DonRetrasado wrote:But does $700 afford you a whole house?? I don't know anyone in Toronto who pays less than $750 for an apartment. Everything is stupid expensive here though.
There are probably some houses I could rent on the east side of Hamilton for that price. There are a number or smaller houses in Stoney Creek. A married couple that I'm friends with started out their home ownership in one that probably wasn't much bigger than my current living space.*

*Basement apt. with two spacious bedrooms and a large kitchen/living room, plus bathroom and utility (with private washer/dryer).

Euclidthegreek
Fisty McGee

Post by Euclidthegreek »

Round here $700 dollars would not get you much, but then again we are the most expensive city in the United States.
Edminster wrote:I'm starting to think Euclid lives in the past.

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

Euclidthegreek wrote:Round here $700 dollars would not get you much, but then again we are the most expensive city in the United States.
San Francisco? I had a friend who owned a few condo and apartment buildings there. He tried to get to move out there a few years ago and was willing to give rent me a place at cost. It still would have been $1300 month for a 400 sq ft studio. It was a really nice building with an awesome view, but that is what I pay now for a two bedroom row house with a useable basement, yard and off street parking in Baltimore.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.