The NHL Thread

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

Frostbite
I dunno.

The NHL Thread

Post by Frostbite »

Well the NFL thread was started so I figure the gates are open for this one, and with all the people that signed up for the fantasy hockey league, seems like some of you have an interest in the sport. I'm going to start off by saying I am so happy that Sean Avery will never play another game as a Dallas Star and hopefully never again for any team. I hated that we signed him, and now it looks like that mistake is finally being corrected.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Re: The NHL Thread

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I don't mind Avery all that much, but I mean, he needs to dial it back to a 7 or so. Blasting at 10 is just getting him in trouble.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Just like an std, will never fully go away.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

What are you talking about 10? His attitude goes to 11 constantly. Also, he is apparently a cancer in the locker room. Nobody on the team likes the guy. They've even all come out saying they don't like him. It's why he is never on one single team for all that long.

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

That sloppy seconds comment was awesome. You guys suck.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

TwoBuy wrote:That sloppy seconds comment was awesome. You guys suck.
yeah, i still don't see what the big deal about that comment is. i thought it was hilarious.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

I have to think that the Dallas Stars asked the NHL to suspend him at the smallest public incident. Also, that wasn't so bad, the firestorm with every important player on the team talking about how much they hate the guy was the bad part.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Frostbite wrote:What are you talking about 10? His attitude goes to 11 constantly. Also, he is apparently a cancer in the locker room. Nobody on the team likes the guy. They've even all come out saying they don't like him. It's why he is never on one single team for all that long.
Sure. I was trying to stay within the bounds of a 1-10 scale.
And I think the revelation that everyone on the team hates him is probably the most condemning thing said about him thusfar, in my opinion. I mean, before this I felt that it was all people from other teams calling him an ass.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

What also bothered me was the length of his contract and the obscene amount of money we signed him for. He was the second highest paid forward on our team. Ahead of Morrow, Modano, Ribeiro, Lehtinen and everyone else but Richards. How many other teams were really going after the guy that we had to sign him for that much? The only reason he got such a contract was because he is friends with Hull, whose head I'm also down here calling for.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

Whilst on vacation I was finally able to go to another hockey arena (I've been outside Air Canadia Centre, but that doesn't count) other than the American Airlines Center. I got to see the Lightning face off against the Canadians last night at St. Pete Times Forum. It was a good game, 2-1 Canadians victory in the shootout, but what really amazed me was the fact that there were more Montreal fans than Tampa Bays fans in Tampa Bay. I know there are a ton of 'snow birds' down here from Canadia, but geeze, to outnumber the home team. That's pretty incredible.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Frostbite wrote:Whilst on vacation I was finally able to go to another hockey arena (I've been outside Air Canadia Centre, but that doesn't count) other than the American Airlines Center. I got to see the Lightning face off against the Canadians last night at St. Pete Times Forum. It was a good game, 2-1 Canadians victory in the shootout, but what really amazed me was the fact that there were more Montreal fans than Tampa Bays fans in Tampa Bay. I know there are a ton of 'snow birds' down here from Canadia, but geeze, to outnumber the home team. That's pretty incredible.
It would be more amazing if Tampa ever had any fans (I still remember how few people were there the year they won the Cup), or if Tampa wasn't so surprisingly terrible this year. I mean, on paper, they are a clear Cup contender. Not so in actuality. Not by a long shot.
Actually, me and my roomate were discussing it... Will they actually draft Tavares if they end up with the number one pick? My guess is no. I'm guessing they'll go with that Swedish d-man. I mean, they just grabbed up a potentially great centre in Stamkos last year, and with Vinny Lecavalier on a long contract (and he is still quite young) it isn't as if they need another all-star C.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

The way I figure is the Stars should just go ahead and lose most of their games to draft Tavares. I'd rather go ahead and be in last and get a great pick than end up in 9th and just be pissed off.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

There's seriously a hockey team called the Canadians?
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

mountainmage wrote:There's seriously a hockey team called the Canadians?
It's Canadien, but yes, there are 3 hockey teams named for being canadian - the Canadiens (obviously), the Canucks, and the Maple Leafs. I think it's classy.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

So what exactly is a "canadien"?
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away