Our feelings on Ahmet

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

Is Ahmet funny?

No, I can barely even bring myself to read what he post my apathy is so great.
45%
Like stripper with no legs trying to dance
30%
More like the blind puppy running into a wall
10%
Why are you guys always making fun of me? I'm awesome!
15%

Total votes: 20

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Re: Our feelings on Ahmet

Post by mountainmage »

Old habits die hard, I guess.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

ruotwocone wrote:
AHMETxRock wrote:It turns out the ladies prefer this avatar pic much more. Seeing this occurance, excuse the repetition, occur, I decided to act upon it.

Must I brag about this? I AM A DAMNED PERSON. PLEASE DO NOT TREAT ME LIKE A SHOWHORSE, AND I WILL NOT ACT LIKE YOU ARE A BEAST OF BURDEN.
when i first read this i saw it as "do not treat me like a sawhorse". I was thinking - man, this guy does not like plywood stacked on him.
That's hilarious, all snide sarcasm aside.

I suggest we make a list of all the people who do and don't like me. So far, Kidd has a hard-on for patronizing me, and frost has me on foe list.
Just let me know if you're one of those that don't like me, so I can continue not listening to whatever it is you say.

Horse analogies will stay, though.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Better idea:
Compile your own list. Rather than rely on other people's interpretations on the intent of any given post, look at it yourself. You may realise that it is not you that people are attacking, but your behaviour. That being said, I don't really think that Twocone's last remark was snide or filled with sarcasm. Rather, it was an observation about the humour of his misreading. The situation is fairly similar to when I drive across the Pennsylvania border and read the sign declaring it to be the State of "Indifference" rather than "Independence".

I suppose what I am trying to get across is that not every post regarding you is an attack, and we would all appreciate it if you stopped treating them as threats against you. As for ignoring people who disagree with you, I find that to be at best an ill-fated decision, and at worst willfully ignorant. I have found that I have learned more from people who oppose my views than from anybody else. After all, you will never get a true understanding of others if you shut out all that disagree. This post (as well as all of my others) is simply my opinion, not an attack against you.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

No no no, I was trying to make it clear that I was not using any snideness in saying it was funny. As long as something is in good taste, I don't mind being the butt of a joke. I find irony hilarious, especially when it occurs to me. I've been known to laugh at sucky situations even though I'm the one stuck with the biggest suck quota. I've pissed some people off who don't know me, which is why I'm not making a big deal for the most of you.

Jesster
Clearly not funny

Post by Jesster »

AHMETxRock wrote:I don't mind being the butt.
Teehee
"Moloch was drawn from memory, and is aware how crappy his face looks."

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

AHMETxRock wrote:I've pissed some people off who don't know me, which is why I'm not making a big deal for the most of you.
While you aren't making a big deal targeted at the rest of us, the simple fact that you are making a fuss at all is what makes people dislike you. Part of what makes this forum such a joy is the fact that we take almost all insults in stride. Arguments (which almost never occur) tend to be dropped within two or three posts, in favour of other topics. The one thing you must truly understand is that this forum has a dedicated core, and simply being in every thread does not mean that you will become accepted.

I'm still not entirely certain as to what exactly one needs to do in order to be accepted. I was here back during the Turbulent Era, where Zach changed the forums several times before settling on the current configuration. This is why my sig is as such. From what I have seen, though... it looks like the best way to truly be accepted is to become jaded with the world, accept that you are not a unique snowflake who has Opinions that Matter, and just relax.

That you have stuck around this long despite the light abuse thrown at you gives me hope. Hope that one day, the blind puppy will get an eye transplant. Which we will then poke out with a stick, because that's what we do. Seriously, does anybody else remember what happened to Tucker?
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

I am not a snowflakes. Those melt way too easily.

This topic stopped being amusing for me right about now, however.

Jesster
Clearly not funny

Post by Jesster »

It stopped being amusing for me when you first posted in it.
"Moloch was drawn from memory, and is aware how crappy his face looks."

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

Jesster wrote:It stopped being amusing for me when you first posted in it.
That does seem to have removed some of the fun, and yet at the same time grown in new and interesting ways!

Ed- I like the points your making, especially glad someone liked the puppy option. I'm very pro-keeping that analogy long term, much better then "sawhorse".

Ahmet - I'm tragically hurt this is no longer amusing for you. Perchance the meaning was more to gain insight then entertainment? Just a crazy thought I'm throwing out there.
As pure as the driven snow. Bitches

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I think Edminster has cracked Ahmet. Solved the puzzle. Pointed the mirror. And now the thread is no longer fun for Ahmet. Hmmmm.

Kidd

Post by Kidd »

AHMETxRock wrote: So far, Kidd has a hard-on for patronizing me
Trust me, it takes a lot more than patronization to get me up.

o_O
I Believe In Harvey Dent.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Kidd wrote:

o_O
Normally it takes a ball-gag, an East Asian midget, and a grilled cheese sandwich?

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Lethal Interjection wrote:
Kidd wrote:

o_O
Normally it takes a ball-gag, an East Asian midget, and a grilled cheese sandwich?
If the guy doesn't whip him with the sandwich, I don't see why it's even there.
Unless... Ewww...

When I joined, I made a sig. You guys yelled at me for that.
I made deep comments. You guys said that's not why you're really here, so I toned it down a bit and joked more.
Kidd expressed his opinion is a less than encouragable way, and I declared myself the master of horses, unknowing of his involvement with them.

Honestly, I don't think you guys really know what you want from me. Mabey I should have eased you into my whole involvement. Just stopped by, say hello, then gradually lull you into a sense of security with my boyish good looks and the witty cut of my jib (this is not a sexual remark). I thought you could handle it.

Or mabey I should go far, far away and never return?

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

AHMETxRock wrote:When I joined, I made a sig. You guys yelled at me for that.
I made deep comments. You guys said that's not why you're really here, so I toned it down a bit and joked more.
Kidd expressed his opinion is a less than encouragable way, and I declared myself the master of horses, unknowing of his involvement with them.

Honestly, I don't think you guys really know what you want from me.
Actually, it appears that we know precisely what we want out of you. Not one of those items listed contradicts each other, as they are presented. In fact, they appear to build up a picture of the ideal forum member. One who does not have an irritating signature, understands that this forum is the realm of of frivolity and lightheartedness, and understands that some topics are not to be mentioned. I do not know the particulars of each individual item, so this may be an erroneous conclusion.
AHMETxRock wrote:Or mabey I should go far, far away and never return?
That's what I did. Made about twenty or so mediocre posts, and then faded away for about three years before triumphantly returning as an erudite young man. Comparing the content of my posts back then with those I have made recently, one can see that I have matured and become more laid-back. Both are qualities that are essential for surviving very long in this forum. Lurking the forum for so long appears to have changed me for the better, but I cannot guarantee that it shall improve you in any way. Should you choose that route, I wish you the best of luck.

However, should you decide that lurking would not help you, I hope that you learn quickly. Otherwise, we may yearn for the days of good ol' Office30, much as we did when Tucker was around.

gödel stop spreading fud

Kidd

Post by Kidd »

To be honest, Ahmet, I joined just a few months before you, didn't start posting regularly till around the time you did, and you don't see everyone on my jock. I make topics and contribute to the general conversation, with experiences and input. You do the same. Look at the manner I do it in though. I'm not conceited or trying to hard; you are. That's your problem. Just don't try to force humor and it'll all calm down.
I Believe In Harvey Dent.