Good Comics

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Re: Good Comics

Post by Lethal Interjection »

zomgmouse wrote:Okay, I found out yesterday that the co-creator of that comic I recently linked to is also the co-creator of Oglaf. That may be incentive for you. Although this is much, much, much less sex-based. In fact, sex is not even the core theme of this comic.

I'm out.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Red's Planet

It has redheaded orphans and aliens, what more could you want?
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Ava's Demon - There's not a lot of story there yet, but what is there is a pretty strong set up so far. And the art is very pretty, with a little animation at the end of the first chapter.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

smiley_cow wrote:Red's Planet

This is nice.
Microaggression? Microaggression!

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

The art is pretty. All the sloping eyes and angular features.
Apocalyptus wrote: Nothing can beat the image of mouth muffling breast implants.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

smiley_cow wrote:Red's Planet

I couldn't for the life of me remember where I knew about this comic from, but then I went through my documents and apparently the artist submitted a piece for a fundraiser benefiting Parkinson's research on behalf of the writer/artist of Cul De Sac. Here's the submitted piece (click for unreasonably huge):

ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

I'm already excited for Katamari, made by the Buttersafe guys for NAMCO's comics website
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

I just caught up on String Theory. A heavy story-based comic about mad scientists in the fifties. The art gets pretty nice.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

I just read Ant Comics. It's pretty fantastic and also fairly not work safe.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Digger - I think this is one of the highest quality webcomics I've come across in a long time. Basically a wombat gets lost in the tunnels and comes out in Ganesh's temple and it goes from there. It's a finished story, well told, well drawn and one of my favourite things that I've read in a long time. Also I think it's won Hugo awards and stuff. So you know, I'm not the only person who liked it or whatever.

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

Gunnerkrigg Court is a great comic about a mixture of science and magic. I have not finished the archives, yet, but the current chapter involves giant crabs http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=946 .
Microaggression? Microaggression!

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

Dullahan

It's a pretty well-drawn and well-realized comic that is unfortunately only nine pages long and facing a long update schedule as the writer/artist is getting dumped on at school. Go read it, it's really good.

gödel stop spreading fud

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Face All Red - It's a short horror story. It only takes about five minutes to read. There's others on her site too, but I've only ever read The Prince and the Sea (which I also recommend, and is also very short).

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Jackie Rose

Only about 30 pages so far, but it has sky pirates. Good, consistent art and interesting story so far, I'd say it looks pretty promising.

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Post by Liriodendron_fagotti »

Edminster wrote:I just read Ant Comics. It's pretty fantastic and also fairly not work safe.
I loved it. Wish there was more, but it ended nicely.
Continual disappointment is the spice of life.