Good Comics

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Re: Good Comics

Post by Astrogirl »

http://www.sorcery101.net/sorcery-101/sorcery101-ch-01/ A comic with werewolves and vampires that do not sparkle and demons that might rob you and angels and magic.
Microaggression? Microaggression!

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

Astrogirl wrote:http://www.sorcery101.net/sorcery-101/sorcery101-ch-01/ A comic with werewolves and vampires that do not sparkle and demons that might rob you and angels and magic.
To be fair, there's only one shitty story where vampires sparkle so I just assume that's the case.
King Prawn

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

Apparently sorcerors do fuck all sorcery, and the comic is mostly about family, drama and relationships.
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

I used to read that comic fairly regularly but there was a gradual build-up of minor annoyances (e.g. author never spell checks, story arc tends to meander for a while), so when I decided to cut down on the number of comics I kept up with, that one fell through.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

Kimra wrote:
Astrogirl wrote:http://www.sorcery101.net/sorcery-101/sorcery101-ch-01/ A comic with werewolves and vampires that do not sparkle and demons that might rob you and angels and magic.
To be fair, there's only one shitty story where vampires sparkle so I just assume that's the case.
What I do find funny (although I am in no way a fan of Twilight) is the people saying "back in my day, vampires burst into flame when they went into the sun!" or other statements criticising Stephenie Meyer for having her vampires able to walk around in daylight when the whole burning in sunlight is actually a recent invention. Dracula was fine walking around in sunshine, he just didn't have as many powers as he did at night time.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

Sahan

Post by Sahan »

Sorcery 101 also has vampires that are perfectly fine with walking around in broad daylight, but only certain ones and not others. I never read long enough to find out if they ever explained why.
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Apocalyptus wrote:
Kimra wrote:
What I do find funny (although I am in no way a fan of Twilight) is the people saying "back in my day, vampires burst into flame when they went into the sun!" or other statements criticising Stephenie Meyer for having her vampires able to walk around in daylight when the whole burning in sunlight is actually a recent invention. Dracula was fine walking around in sunshine, he just didn't have as many powers as he did at night time.
Not to mention everyone scoffing at the idea of vampires being part of a romance story instead of monsters. As though vampires haven't been used as an outlet for sexually repressed women since Dracula.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Post by Liriodendron_fagotti »

Anne Rice books are just well-narrated vampire erotica. My parents gave them to me to read when I was in middle school.
Continual disappointment is the spice of life.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

Funny, my favourite bits in all the Anne Rice novels were a few cute conversations between Louise and Lestate. I cared very little for, and mostly forgot, the rest of the novels.
King Prawn

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

People complaining about vampires fighting werewolves? Why, they've been involved in turf wars across America for the better part of the last 100 years.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

DonRetrasado wrote:People complaining about vampires fighting werewolves? Why, they've been involved in turf wars across America for the better part of the last 100 years.
The original Crips and Bloods.

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Zach shared this. Out of interest, when was the last recorded time he visited/posted in the forums?

http://birdandmoon.com/index.html

Sahan

Post by Sahan »

Found in ZACH HOTLINE, Dec 13 2010
ZachWeiner wrote:Man, I need to spend more time on this forum. If only I did shorter comics...

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

That is many moons ago.

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

Freefall: http://freefall.purrsia.com/ff100/fv00001.htm
Updates Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Has been going on since 1998. In comic time about three-and-a-half weeks have passed. It's science fiction and funny and kinda philosophy. The main characters are:
- A squid-like alien, wearing a protective suit, who likes stealing stuff and annoying people - he's the captain of a ship, that until the middle of the comic is not able to fly yet.
- An ethical wolf female engineer.
- A robot who was corrupted by the squid-like alien.
Then there are many other robots and a few nice humans and a few evil humans.
Microaggression? Microaggression!