Good Comics

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Re: Good Comics

Post by smiley_cow »

Vacant
From the website: Vacant is a science fiction web comic following Commander Hayze, an agent of “The Eye” a powerful alien government/ corporate agency. Sent on a seemingly simple rescue mission, Hayze stumbles upon a possible explanation for the near extermination of the human race that had taken place over 100 years prior.
I just caught up on this. Basically a science fiction procedural/mystery. It's done on a pretty professional level, well drawn, well written, flows pretty well and the mystery is compelling. I definitely recommend it for people who are into these kind of stories.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

Sounds good.
Microaggression? Microaggression!

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

I read it. It checks out.
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

http://www.itchyfeetcomic.com/ Comic about traveling and language learning

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

Remember Sorcery 101? There's crowd funding to make it a book: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/14 ... vol-1-of-2

There are only a few days left and she will get the money only if the goal is met.

A thing you can do if you want to: if you ever wanted to buy any of the drawings (under the available comics there is a price, usually 65$) you can e-mail Kel that you want it and would add it to the pledge.

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

I just read http://webcomics.yaoi911.com/artifice/a ... itle-page/ , it's good. It's not long, about 89 comics of usually 6 panels each. A bit violent. Nicely drawn.

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Post by Liriodendron_fagotti »

Reading so much Achewood. I was on a Dino Comics kick, but it's hard to sit through a couple thousand identical comics.
Continual disappointment is the spice of life.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Rock and Riot
Rock and Riot follows the tales of opposing teenage gangs in the 1950s with an LGBTQ theme! Will the teams set aside their differences to fight for what they have in common?

This comic is so good, guys. It's a Grease type setting, and just really adorable with really good art and you should probably read it if you enjoy reading good things.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Witchy Comic
In the witch kingdom Hyalin, the strength of your magic is determined by the length of your hair. Those that are strong enough are conscripted by the Witch Guard, who enforce the law in peacetime and protect the land during war. However, those with hair judged too long are pronounced enemies of the kingdom, and annihilated. This is called a witch burning.
This comic is really good. Well drawn, better written than I was expecting, strong diverse almost entirely female cast. Would recommend.

gnome

Post by gnome »

http://www.bananatriangle.com/comics/dead-mans-shoes/

Banana Triangle deserves more attention than it gets. It is not a "gag-a-day" strip, but when viewed as an overall work, it is brilliant. It exposes some really disgusting, human behavior, that is easily recognizable. Disturbingly addictive. Just binge the first couple of years, and it will make more sense.