The weather outside!

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Re: The weather outside!

Post by smiley_cow »

It's 34C right now. Which wouldn't be so bad except it's sooo dry.

Also it snowed last week, but this time for sure I think we're actually done winter.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

smiley_cow wrote:It's 34C right now..
Whaaaat?? We only broke 20C once (and will probably do so again tomorrow). The weather out west sure is weird.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Yeah, we've been breaking records the last couple days out here. The previous record high for today was 28C, but it should cool down to low 20's the next few days. Of course we're nowhere near as bad as Alberta.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

Here it also surprise-snowed last week, but now we only have 14°C.
Microaggression? Microaggression!

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

It was gorgeous out today. Just my kind of weather. A little over 20C with clear skies. It was a good day to be working in the garden centre.
That said, our store was damn-near a ghost-town. The Garden Centre was steady, but nowhere near the craziness I expected. And the regular store was dead.
I expect it is because today was really the first nice day we've had this spring and people wanted to take advantage of it? Plus tomorrow is supposed to be rainy and possible thunderstorms, so maybe people are planning their shopping tomorrow. I was supposed to work tomorrow but switched it off, so good for me*.

*Really, it's also good for the person I swapped with. She's my full-timer in the garden centre but had to work, and is/has a mom. I mean, I have a mom, but she is in Florida so I don't have to worry about Mother's Day this year.

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

Astrogirl wrote:Here it also surprise-snowed last week, but now we only have 14°C.
And yesterday we suddenly had 26°C!!

And my husband, who was outside, didn't tell me, and I went outside with longsleeved clothes :evil:

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Post by Liriodendron_fagotti »

Continual disappointment is the spice of life.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

smiley_cow wrote:It's 34C right now. Which wouldn't be so bad except it's sooo dry.

Also it snowed last week, but this time for sure I think we're actually done winter.

Nope, I was wrong. Snowfall warning for tonight and tomorrow.

I should know better, though. We're never truly safe until after May Long.

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

Rain
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

It's snowing. Though at least it's not nearly as bad as Thompson and Flin Flon got it.

Thompson yesterday:

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

smiley_cow wrote:It's snowing. Though at least it's not nearly as bad as Thompson and Flin Flon got it.

Thompson yesterday:

Geez. Yeah, that's some snow.
I've heard conflicting reports that we might be getting some snow on Saturday night or Sunday morning in southern Ontario. I doubt we will locally (Hamilton), but I can imagine north of Toronto might get some.
Either way we are likely getting frost that night. Which makes me so glad to have the weekend off (on top of, you know, having the weekend off). Because our garden centre is flush with plants, and all of that will need to be brought indoors on Saturday evening and out again on Sunday morn. Which is miserable.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

High of 26C yesterday and today. I think this time for sure we're done winter.

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

24°C here. Supposed to drop again in the next days, but even the night lows are going to be 8°C and above.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

We had storms. Lot of rain.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

We've been going back and forth a lot between storms and blue skies/hot weather. Had some funnel clouds today. This was taken in the city at about 6:45am:

I think waywayseecappo's been getting funnel clouds too today, but no pictures of that, alas.