Alcohol talkin'.

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Re: Alcohol talkin'.

Post by Sahan »

We have an alcohol section in supermarkets, but is essentially a separate room that can be accessed outside of the actual supermarket with its own counter where people check for ID. It's essentially another store, but with a door so you can walk from one to the other.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

Sandwiches
[Insert In Mouth]

Post by Sandwiches »

That's weird, in the supermarket the alcohol aisle is just another aisle.

But I guess that's the sophisticated british attitude to alcohol shining through.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

I loved buying alcohol at the corner store, and in petrol stations, and in pokey little shops, and everywhere else. The UK was great.
King Prawn

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Sahan wrote:We have an alcohol section in supermarkets, but is essentially a separate room that can be accessed outside of the actual supermarket with its own counter where people check for ID. It's essentially another store, but with a door so you can walk from one to the other.
I should mention that this is the case in Ontario too. There are actually three places to purchase alcohol in Ontario Canadia (not counting bars/restaurants):
1. The Beer Store. All beer, and pretty much only in 6-packs and above.
2. The Liquor Control Board of Ontario (or LCBO). Everything. Hard alcohol, beer (though pretty much only 6-packs and singles), coolers, wine and pretty much anything else alcohol.
3. The Wine Store, The Wine Rack, and maybe some other names (I think there are a few companies that do it). These are little coves that are located inside of some larger grocery stores that sell wine only. They are self-contained and any wine purchased has to be bought within the cove.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Actually, you can buy alcohol directly from their producers; that is to say, you can buy Magnotta products from their vineyards and outlets, you can buy Mill Street at the Mill Street brewery, you can buy Steam Whistle at the Roundhouse, etc. This also means that small breweries can sell their products directly at beer events. You can get a lot of cool stuff that LCBO won't carry that way, and for much better prices; my brother has been stockpiling doing this.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

DonRetrasado wrote:Actually, you can buy alcohol directly from their producers; that is to say, you can buy Magnotta products from their vineyards and outlets, you can buy Mill Street at the Mill Street brewery, you can buy Steam Whistle at the Roundhouse, etc. This also means that small breweries can sell their products directly at beer events. You can get a lot of cool stuff that LCBO won't carry that way, and for much better prices; my brother has been stockpiling doing this.
That's right, I forgot about them. Mostly because I've never been to one. I do have a Steam Whistle glass, though, from when my sister went.
Also I have a friend who claims he was actually sold beer at the Sleeman store by one John Sleeman. He's a story-teller though, and I've caught him in a few lies like this before.

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

Sahan wrote:We have an alcohol section in supermarkets, but is essentially a separate room that can be accessed outside of the actual supermarket with its own counter where people check for ID. It's essentially another store, but with a door so you can walk from one to the other.
I remember a couple of Coles shops like that in Sydney but they don't have them in Queensland as far as I know. The liquorland or the BWS will be a seperate shop (although its usually really close). I think a few of the laws are tighter here because of attempts to control indigenous drinking. For instance, you have to put colour in methylated spirits to make it look more poisonous
Apocalyptus wrote: Nothing can beat the image of mouth muffling breast implants.