Webcomics survey for my M.A.

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

Poziom

Webcomics survey for my M.A.

Post by Poziom »

I hope I'm not breaking any rules around here by posting this but I need your help.

Hello,

I'm asking for your help to complete my M.A. in Sociology by filling a survey (it's only 29 questions with only two short open questions) about webcomics. Those who don't want to read why I'm conducting research on webcomics and want to fill the survey it's right here --> http://www.interankiety.pl/interankieta ... b86bcd4ced

I was a webcomic reader for almost 12 years and I was always interested in the history of webcomics and how people gather around them on forums or go to special events (like Comic-Cons) just to meet with each other and with their favourite authors. That is why when I had to choose my M.A. topic I choose without hesitation Webcomis. In my country (Poland) it's hard to get proper bibliography on this subject so it took time to get to the right books. This left me with almost no time to conduct a research. So please, take 10 minutes and help me complete my M.A.. Thanks for all your help!

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Re: Webcomics survey for my M.A.

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I'm cool with this. It was a simple survey, and I like that.

Just out of interest, I put down 14 years, as that was about when I started reading Red Meat (may have been 15 or 16 years, though, now that I'm thinking about it). Now it wasn't solely a webcomic. It posted online, but was also apparently syndicated in some college or non-mainstream newspapers. Though I never saw it in publication. It was probably 11-12 years ago that I started really reading a larger variety, though.

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Post by Liriodendron_fagotti »

Done. How many other webcomic forums have you posted this on? I hope you're able to get a pretty sizeable pool of responses.
Continual disappointment is the spice of life.

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

Also done. I would be interested to see the results when you're done, if you're willing to share them.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

Poziom

Post by Poziom »

I posted the survey on couple on forums plus asked some bloging friends to pass it over to their readers. If someone is interested in the results I will gladly share them with you. Considering how little time I have and there are 43 completed surveys I don't expect to have big response pool. For the M.A. I only need about 50 completed surveys but the little Sociologist in me is screaming with rage because I know I don't have enough time to make this work as good as I want it to be.

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

Second easiest survey I've taken. Good luck.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

Poziom

Post by Poziom »

If someone is interested here are the results of the survey. Thanks to you all! I passed with highest marks :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4nm4g8ljd6zw6 ... s.pdf?dl=0

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Post by Liriodendron_fagotti »

Congratulations! Looks like you got a lot of good responses.
Continual disappointment is the spice of life.

lumusislight

Post by lumusislight »

Poziom wrote: I hope I'm not breaking any rules around here by posting this but I need your help.

Hello,

I'm asking for your help to complete my M.A. in Sociology by filling a survey (it's only 29 questions with only two short open questions) about webcomics. Those who don't want to read why I'm conducting research on webcomics and want to fill the survey it's right here -->
http://www.interankiety.pl/interankieta ... b86bcd4cedhttp://essaytyper.pro/
I was a webcomic reader for almost 12 years and I was always interested in the history of webcomics and how people gather around them on forums or go to special events (like Comic-Cons) just to meet with each other and with their favourite authors. That is why when I had to choose my M.A. topic I choose without hesitation Webcomis. In my country (Poland) it's hard to get proper bibliography on this subject so it took time to get to the right books. This left me with almost no time to conduct a research. So please, take 10 minutes and help me complete my M.A.. Thanks for all your help!
Hello Poziom,

Curious about the actual results of the research itself. As I've been searching for the Webcomics gender specific trends in the US vs those in the UK, I still have no valuable materials to get any reliable info. What Sociology topic was it, by the way?

Thanks,
Lumus