READ ME FIRST: ForumBattle Information and Rules!

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

READ ME FIRST: ForumBattle Information and Rules!

Post by mountainmage »

Howdy folks, are you ready to rumble? It's time for the first ever SMBC-sponsored FORUMBATTLE!

It's simple. All you have to do is draw a comic poking fun at your opponent, using any information you have on them as your material. We'll be using double-elimination rules. The winner will receive a prize (1 free print!) from Zach the Magnificent, creator of SMBC and God amongst Men!

Now for the technical stuff.

Rule 1 of the FORUMBATTLE: The rules of the Forum must be adhered to, especially rules 1, 11, 12, and 12-2.

Rule 2: No late entries will be accepted. No exceptions. BUT, if you do not submit a comic by the appointed time, Ed or I will fill in for you. I do not guarantee it's hilarity or ability to bring home a victory. Additionally, first round no-shows will not be filled in for, because honestly, what's the point of signing up if you're not even going to participate in the first round? However, members who joined before registration began and have a minimum of twenty posts will gain the benefit of First-Round Mod Battles.

Rule 3: Entries are limited to 800 pixels in width. There is no length limit, but odds are that you have done something wrong if you exceed 1200 pixels.

Rule 4: If you are new to the forums and wish to join the battle, please introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better.

Now for the details concerning entry and whatnot.

Registration is open from now until 11:59 p.m. EDT on June 5th. Over the weekend, Ed and I will create the tourney brackets and post them at 12:00 a.m. EDT June 8th (Monday). You will have from that time until Friday at 12:00 a.m. EDT to submit your entry by private messaging it to the mod of your bracket. Remember: NO LATE ENTRIES! Voting will occur via posting your vote in the battle's thread from that time until Sunday at 8:00 p.m. EDT whereupon the battle thread will be locked. At 12:00 a.m. Ed and I will post updated brackets, and the whole she-bang will start again. We'll continue in this manner until only one remains in each of the 2 brackets. Then the finalists will face off in a final battle! The winner will take home the prize, while the loser will only bring home eternal shame!

READY?
FIGHT!
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Rainbow
*~t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m~*

Re: ForumBattle Information and Rules!

Post by Rainbow »

So, are there any specifics about this mess? I am potentially interested for the thirteen days I'll be here. What sort of drawing is done and how shall opponents be picked?
AHMETxROCK wrote:This is not quoteworthy.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

I'd hope random first, than a tourney system.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

AHMETxRock wrote:I'd hope random first, than a tourney system.
Exactly.

Drawing is anything goes. Make it as plain or detailed as you wish. Also, if you plan on being here only 13 days, you might just want to wait for the next one. This will probably take more than 2 weeks since we're having one round a week.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Post by FengharTheNord »

mountainmage wrote:
AHMETxRock wrote:I'd hope random first, than a tourney system.
Exactly.

Drawing is anything goes. Make it as plain or detailed as you wish. Also, if you plan on being here only 13 days, you might just want to wait for the next one. This will probably take more than 2 weeks.
I'm not sure I understand. We are supposed to draw a comic about a random person and THEN the winners of the "random" go into the tournament brackets?

Sorry, I'm new to all this and whatnot.
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
DonRetrasado wrote:Well you'd need a sock as big as an airplane to hide my penis. An airplane the size of the universe.
Wait I live in a universe.
bow chicka bow wow

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Randomly-selected bracket is what they mean.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Post by FengharTheNord »

Ohhhohohohoh.

Oh.

Thanks for the heads up, Ed!
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
DonRetrasado wrote:Well you'd need a sock as big as an airplane to hide my penis. An airplane the size of the universe.
bow chicka bow wow

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

If you read it says once everyone enters, we'll make the brackets. Then we post the brackets and you guys get to battlin'.

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Post by FengharTheNord »

mountainmage wrote:If you read it says once everyone enters, we'll make the brackets. Then we post the brackets and you guys get to battlin'.
Well I understood that, I was just thrown off a bit my Ahmet's post because I didn't totally grasp what he was getting at.
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
bow chicka bow wow

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

He was asking if it was randomly selected match ups, and then a bracket system using said match-ups. Which it is, in case there's any confusion left.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

Ok, when are we expected to start, and how often will the battles be? I have exams next week, but after that I'm very ready. Also, any tips on where I can download MS Paint or other drawing apps?
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

Rainbow
*~t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m~*

Post by Rainbow »

Someone linked Aviary.
Last edited by Rainbow on Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
AHMETxROCK wrote:This is not quoteworthy.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

mountainmage wrote:Over the weekend, Ed and I will create the tourney brackets and post them at 12:00 a.m. EDT June 8th (Monday). You will have from that time until Friday at 12:00 a.m. EDT to submit your entry by private messaging it to the mod of your bracket. Remember: NO LATE ENTRIES! Voting will occur via posting your vote in the battle's thread from that time until Sunday at 8:00 p.m. EDT whereupon the battle thread will be locked. At 12:00 a.m. Ed and I will post updated brackets, and the whole she-bang will start again. We'll continue in this manner until only one remains in each of the 2 brackets. Then the finalists will face off in a final battle! The winner will take home the prize, while the loser will only bring home eternal shame!
This means battles will be once a week. You'll be able to PM them to your mod from 12:00 a.m. EDT on Monday to 12:00 a.m. EDT on Friday, starting next monday.

Also: http://www.gimp.org/ or http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... aintnt.exe

drakken22

Post by drakken22 »

Already registered ( i believe so, at least).
This is gonna be fun!
considering how drawing is just something i do just to do it, and the majority of my stuff that i keep is usually a 5-minute doodle, i froth at the mouth about what ill be able to do in a day.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Don't you mean 4 days?