Fantasy Hockey

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

TwoBuy wrote:Yeah, but at this point it would be hard to turn loyalties to a local team and away from the canucks.
that's not true at all... {newsflash from the possible near future}

"In a bizarre twist, the Canucks have traded the Sedin twins to the expansion Seattle SuckItColorados for a sixth round draft pick and some duct tape. Why they got rid of their best players is still unknown, but it may be related to their announcements that they will no longer be allowing beer at the games and that players are required to go fetal at the first sign of a fight."

That might turn my loyalties... possibly

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

Part of the reason is when the Supersonics moved to Seattle and the arena was built, the owner had it specifically built for basketball and even specifically said he did it was because he never wanted to have a hockey team said arena.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

TwoBuy wrote:
ruotwocone wrote:I still can't believe Dallas has a hockey team and we don't.
Yeah, but at this point it would be hard to turn loyalties to a local team and away from the canucks.
I can understand that. I live in Hamilton, and it is one of the Canadian teams that has been consistently rumoured. That and up in Kitchener/Waterloo (which would be a better choice, in my opinion, because there are 4 largish cities in the area which would support, not counting Hamilton, which would certainly develop a strong fanbase as well, as the team would be closer than Toronto is).
But it will never happen. I mean, the idea of Buffalo, Toronto, Ottawa and said other team all along a stretch of highway that is probably only about 7hrs long is kind of ridiculous.

Also: Going to another Leafs game! A Saturday night game, against the Senators, at the end of October! Huzzah!

ruotwocone

Post by ruotwocone »

Frostbite wrote:Part of the reason is when the Supersonics moved to Seattle and the arena was built, the owner had it specifically built for basketball and even specifically said he did it was because he never wanted to have a hockey team said arena.
a couple quick points on this:
1. the sonics never "moved" to Seattle, they were founded in seattle for the 1967 season.
2. Key arena (previously the Colosseum) hosts a hockey team... the WHL Seattle Thunderbirds. The T-Birds are, however moving to Kent (a suburb of seattle) because the rent at Key Arena has gone up a lot in the last 5 years and has become too much for a minor league hockey team (I know this because my wife is friends with the owner).
3. Key Arena was originally built for the 1962 world's fair in seattle before either sports team came to town. It will now be vacant other than for concerts and boxing-type sporting events leaving the door open for a pro hockey team... come on Sharks... sell to Paul Allen.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Did we move the draft? I thought it was yesterday. I ask this because next Sunday at 4 doesn't work quite as well as this week did. If we can move it, that'd be great. Later on Sunday would be good (say 7 or later), or on Friday sometime (any time really, but later would probably be better for others).

Also: Role Call? I was just curious which team belonged to which poster.

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

Yeah, I saw that too. Next weekend is a lot harder for me cause I have the kids, but shouldn't be too bad. I reorged my pick list pretty well so I shouldn't HAVE to be there. My team is Makin' Cripples.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

ruotwocone

Post by ruotwocone »

I also requested something later on sunday as working best for me. I'm The Conettes.

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

Cheezorama!

Duh.

That said, i'm cool with draft date. I think i'll even be there.
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

I though I sent out an email explaining the draft move. My grandmother called me and told me I needed to make the 45 minute drive home from college for my parent's anniversary like that morning and that I needed to be there by 1 central time. I figured I wasn't going to be back until after 3 so I moved it to next weekend. So would Sunday night around 6-8pm central time be ok?

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

Since yahoo has no sense in them, it can either be set on next sunday at the earliest near that time frame at 5:45pm or 9pm.

ruotwocone

Post by ruotwocone »

Frostbite wrote:Since yahoo has no sense in them, it can either be set on next sunday at the earliest near that time frame at 5:45pm or 9pm.
i vote for the later one so that i won't have to stop drafting for dinner.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

Ok 9pm is no longer there, now its 10pm. I think yahoo is just screwing with me. I can imagine some dude sitting there going, "Oh man look what I just did! I love making it impossible to run a fantasy hockey league with people that you don't share an apartment with! Muah ha ha ha ha!"

Simon.
Simon.

Post by Simon. »

That's what you get when you play sports on THE INTERNET.

I am going RIGHT NOW to play Badminton. EYE ARE ELL.

THIS IS HOW I FLOW.
Not a big fan of signatures.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

I'm cool with the 10pm one, but I understand if others are not. Really, it isn't a terribly big deal if we can't move it, I'm just gonna be somewhere in the afternoon where I don't have me any internet, and I'd really like to be able to actually be around for it (as my work doesn't exactly allow me to be around when others are available, so my other draft was done by pre-ranking).

ruotwocone

Post by ruotwocone »

i'm down... the later the better for me.