Mario kart WEEEEEE

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

Simon.
Simon.

Mario kart WEEEEEE

Post by Simon. »

Man, what a shit title music thing on the wii menu. The worst I've seen anyway. The game is pretty good though! I enjoy it, and enjoy beating people online, as surprisingly none of them are very good. Anyone out there got it? Totally friend code it up and we'll race or some shit. TRACKS THAT BE GOOD: The new star cup tracks are pretty awesome, and overall, the tracks are just much much more interactive now, a lot more happens, and happens over time, or changes the path, or something like that. I approve of this a lot, it adds a great element to the game.

The cups are all pretty great, although some of the choices from previous games were pretty poor I think. Sherbert land? WUT. It's good for nostalgia purposes, but so were other, better 64 maps. Yoshi valley would have been a fantastic one to put in, or something like that. The different cc's actually do more than just make it faster now, which is a pretty cool thing, as the computers actually get better, taking corners better, avoiding, and using items at cheeky times. I have had bananas thrown at me from a computer behind me, smack bang on my head. Good shot that was. The difference between 50cc and 100cc in terms of computer difficulty is huge, and you can really tell, as computers can actually beat you in 100 and 150cc. If only due to items.

Oh items, my dear friend, where would Mario Kart be without you? Somewhere along the lines of PGR or some other shit. Only for kids! Seriously though items have to be the most annoying thing ever in 150cc. Not only is it challenging to stay in front sometimes, but you get slammed by every motherfucking item south of the motherfucking universe, each one making you lose YOUR items when you've got one. Being good at the game isn't enough, you've got to be lucky enough not to get slammed back into 5th place just before the finish line, and be lucky enough for it to not to happen 4 times so that you can win the gold at the end. However that hardly ever happens, so you find yourself cursing like a trooper at this motherfucking 6 lightnings in a row, each spinning you off the edge, as you plummet unerringly towards 8th place. Good times. It took me a while to get all gold cups, that's for sure. I'm yet to actually get a 3 star rating for any cups, a few 2 stars, and a fair few 1 stars, spattered with the odd A and B, but no 3 stars. It'd be damn near impossible to get a 3 star on any 150cc or mirror cups.

As for multiplayer, the new battle arenas are actually really cool, funky stadium being my favourite. I'm not sure how much I approve of the new battle system, but there are 12 players now, so just having 3 balloons, and then dieing if you lose them would be pretty stupid. It's certainly a step up from previous mario kart battle modes.

All in all, a pretty great game. My friends and I are having time-trial-offs on Koopa Cape at the moment, all of us are in the top 10 in Australia. But I'm still 9 seconds off the top time in the world. DEVS MAN.
Not a big fan of signatures.

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Post by HARDKORE »

Does it come with the wheel?

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

HARDKORE wrote:Does it come with the wheel?
Yeah, every copy comes with the wheel.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

Sadly it doesn't come with fun though.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

Simon.
Simon.

Post by Simon. »

Frostbite wrote:Sadly it doesn't come with fun though.
Oh snap? I guess I totally disagree? Have you perhaps tried playing it with friends? I guess they didn't come with it either? Oh snap? Snappity times get boring quickly. I think it's a pretty fun game anyway, have you played it online? It's more fun online for sure, there's a different atmosphere, and you get a good mix of opponent skill. I'm not even sure you own the game actually, more that it was just a passing comment. In other news, the WiiWheel is indeed a crock of cock. I forgot to mention that in the first post. If you were thinking of trying it, don't even bother.
Not a big fan of signatures.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

My roommate's friend picked it up and he keeps his Wii in our room, so I did get to play it a bit. I didn't really enjoy it all that much. I didn't play online, but from what I've heard the Wii's online is pretty bad.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

[smbc] thesonofmorgoth

Post by [smbc] thesonofmorgoth »

omgomgomgomogmogmogmomg im back! what are your guys friends codes?

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Post by HARDKORE »

I will give you mine as soon as i figure out how to get it. I just my wii to work with wireless router.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

[smbc] thesonofmorgoth wrote:omgomgomgomogmogmogmomg im back! what are your guys friends codes?
Who are you again?
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

he's that guy. You know, the one that likes video games. No, not that one, the other one.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Eh, I've lost track of the scamperin' little critters. They're like rabbits!

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I did get around to playing this last month. I quite like it. Interestingly, the acquired skills of the previous games do not necessarily translate, so it was like learning anew. Which was kind of alright.
The look, the maps, and the interactivity of the game is fantastic.
Except, like said above, some of the choices for throwback tracks. With racing tracks, there are few that I don't at all like. So that didn't matter to me. For me the choice was why these battle tracks? Particularly regarding the choice of the cookie one from the GameCube. Are you kidding me? That is FAR AND AWAY the worst battle track on the Cube. Pipe Plaza being my fave, then the mansion, then the block one, and the tilt one*, with the cookie one being the worst. Just a tad irritating.

*Which I find only to be really good with the balloon battle, not with the bomb one.

[smbc] thesonofmorgoth

Post by [smbc] thesonofmorgoth »

uh, I used to play on the quake server we had up and on the tf2 server we had up... a long time ago in a galaxy far far away...

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

[smbc] thesonofmorgoth wrote:uh, I used to play on the quake server we had up and on the tf2 server we had up... a long time ago in a galaxy far far away...
You used to play Mario Kart Wii on those servers? Curious.