Fantasy Hockey

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

2 minutes to draft, and we can't. I don't know what this means. Other than frustration. I have someone who can join, when he shows up. Is there any possibility of us getting a time half an hour from now or something? If anyone is even here to respond?

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

I'm having to resist burning down the world because Yahoo runs the worst fantasy leagues ever. I would hate to do an autopick draft, I don't know how other people are going to draft so it makes it nigh impossible to make a draft order.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

As I said over on the league's board, Saturday works perfectly for me, at any time. It wouldn't be before the season starts, but it would be before the first week of full fantasy (as there are only a few games this week).

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

crap, so we need even players to do a draft!? What the hell?

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

I'll get my buddy to sign up for the draft. Later on Saturday would be best for him, but he's okay with whatever, as a late joiner.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

Saturday appears to be fine with everyone I've been able to get in touch with.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

ruotwocone wrote:crap, so we need even players to do a draft!? What the hell?
Yes, idiotic, for certain. I had never heard of that before. Granted, I've always tried my hardest to get an even number so there isn't a bye. But, then again, they obviously have the bye system, so why would it be a problem? Something about an odd number going into the online draft screwing up something? Sounds dumb.
The sad part was that my friend (the one who is joining) was interested in checking it out, being such a deep draft. So he said he was going to hang out and be my GM (so to speak). He was busy right until 11, though, but if he would've been available earlier, I was going to tell him to join, and there would've been no problem, we would've had the even number.
Just dumb.
On a side note: This early start thing with the NHL is kind of a pain for fantasy. Fantasy starts on Monday, so the handful of games in the last couple of days are counted in as a week of their own. And I didn't realize that they actually had games this weekend... So in my two leagues, I definitely had people sitting on the bench that were supposed to be playing. Not that it really matters, because I'm up 3-0 and 5-0 respectively in the leagues.
And then figure in the fact that the season doesn't completely start until Thursday. So for week 2 in fantasy, there are only 4 days worth of hockey. So the first two weeks could easily go either way for any team (as your whole week might heavily rely on only one game) regardless of the quality of your team for the remainder of the season.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Ummmm... So when are we doing this? Because I'm kind of trying to make plans, but I want to be there for the draft.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

I set it for Saturday at 4pm Central.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

Man, I was really excited to see I was up on you 9-0 then I saw that pretty much none of your guys played.

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

Anyone else saw how much i was pwning already?

Watch out, league, i'm out to win you!
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

How does scoring work? If I pull a player off the bench for a game, have him score points, then put him back on the bench after that game do those points count for the week or do they not because I put him back on the bench?
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

If he's on the bench when he scores the points, they do not count towards your total. If he is, indeed, slotted into a C, RW, LW, D, G slot on the day they are playing (I think it can be changed up until near game start), you get credit for the points. It goes on a game day schedule. And, naturally, you want as many people slotted in on days they play as possible.*
I usually preset for a week or so**. Basically just set my Friday lineup, then flip to Sat. and do the same. Usually every Sunday night I preset until the following Monday (to give a buffer day, in case I am busy or away on a Sunday).

*Actually, one draft strategy is to make sure you draft people on opposing days to make sure you don't have to bench an active player very often. Something that I don't always remember to do, and actually it is hurting me quite a bit in this league and another. Dan (Team Wigit) has, in another league, both Sedin twins, partially to double up on stats, partially because Vancouver is one of the few consistently "other" teams. Some teams flip part way through the season (either the Ducks or Chicago did this last year as an example, which actually helped me do really well before the flip, and after the flip back, but made for a miserable mid-season).
** Not more, because it all gets screwed up as soon as you add or drop a player, so the time you spent doing a preset for a month gets lost... I think I changed my players for the week 3 times this week because of roster changes

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

Wait, what?

How the hell are the points calculated? In my last matchup, the other side won the goal against average with two more points given per match, and the goaltending percentage with .020 less than mine.

Should i take goaltenders that suck more?
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

are you sure you lost those categories? my matches seem to be working properly with gaa and sv%