What are you watching right now?

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Re: What are you watching right now?

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Thanks Edminster, for not spoiling the easily-spoiled. I haven't finished DD season 2, but I appreciate you keeping your mouth shut ;). It made the watching so much better.

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

I've made it through episode 3. With work and school I only have time to watch one or two episodes a week so far.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Has anyone else watched How To Get Away With Murder? I recently watched the first season and mostly liked it enough, but I'm wary of the second season because it seems like one of those shows that devolves in nonsense after a while from constantly upping the drama. But maybe I'm wrong?
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

smiley_cow wrote:Has anyone else watched How To Get Away With Murder? I recently watched the first season and mostly liked it enough, but I'm wary of the second season because it seems like one of those shows that devolves in nonsense after a while from constantly upping the drama. But maybe I'm wrong?
Not yet. I've considered it, but it hasn't yet climbed atop my Netflix list.
I'm expecting it to be something like Damages, I think.

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Post by Liriodendron_fagotti »

Continual disappointment is the spice of life.

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

That's mean.
Microaggression? Microaggression!

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

I finally got around to the end of Hannibal. Which I'd be delaying based on hints that Hannibal/Will became canon. Because that would horrify me. Also because the entire third season is a completely different beast to the first two and it feels more farcical than horrific (to me).

Overall Hannibal was surprisingly good. It took a lot of decent episodes before suddenly I loved it. But I got there. The first two seasons are great, and once you've gone that far you're going to watch the third. I just feel I'd have been happier if it had ended at season 2.
King Prawn

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

So, did they ...?

My Hannibal knowledge is based on tumblr.
Microaggression? Microaggression!

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

Hannibal:
If that was Hannibal/Will becoming canon then there's been a whole more gay canon tv shows than I thought all along. So no. They didn't become canon.

SUPER SPOILER i.e. the last minute of the entire series:
I'm pretty sure killing yourself so that you can kill someone else is not the ultimate romantic gesture. There was no kissing, no love declarations, there was nothing like that. Just them both falling off a cliff and disappearing (presumed dead but they totally aren't because Hannibal's character is alive for The Silence of the Lambs in the books). It was more like: 'I want you dead above all things, and the only way to do that is to let you kill us both, and I'm willing to make that sacrifice to get rid of you.' You could say that Hannibal loved Will, but to presume to say the love was returned would be a gross misinterpretation of the show.

I feel very strongly about this.
King Prawn

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

Just finished watching Season 2 of The Katering Show.

For those who haven't seen it, it's a comedy webseries now picked up by the ABC, based around a cook making meals for her friend with multiple food intolerances. The humour is fantastic and the sharp digs at food culture are also right on the money. Would really recommend.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Re: Hannibal Season 3.

I kind of loved the way the season ended. It wasn't the way I hoped but, in a way, it kind of wrapped up the Hannibal/Graham relationship perfectly. In an orgy of blood and love, one which they could finally agree upon. It almost consummated their relationship in a psycho-sexual way (where psycho is more psychotic than psychological).
And seeing it after the show had already been cancelled and any hopes that season 4 were quashed (at least in the short-term?) only cemented my respect. I mean, if they ever pick it up again I don't see a way for the Hannibal/Graham relationship to continue with the same meaningfulness. I truly believe that after the S3 finale Graham would have to be, at best, background. They'd really have to pick it up with Clarice Starling. Which only makes me more satisfied with it being completely done. Because, while I'm a considerable distance away from comparing the show Hannibal to Harris' books, at least half of Starling's role in the books was given to Graham in the show. Graham, in the show, was ultimately an amalgamation of the literary Graham and Starling. So aside from the Buffalo Bill case, I'm not sure what source material there is left to draw from?

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Kimra wrote:Hannibal:
If that was Hannibal/Will becoming canon then there's been a whole more gay canon tv shows than I thought all along. So no. They didn't become canon.

SUPER SPOILER i.e. the last minute of the entire series:
I'm pretty sure killing yourself so that you can kill someone else is not the ultimate romantic gesture. There was no kissing, no love declarations, there was nothing like that. Just them both falling off a cliff and disappearing (presumed dead but they totally aren't because Hannibal's character is alive for The Silence of the Lambs in the books). It was more like: 'I want you dead above all things, and the only way to do that is to let you kill us both, and I'm willing to make that sacrifice to get rid of you.' You could say that Hannibal loved Will, but to presume to say the love was returned would be a gross misinterpretation of the show.

I feel very strongly about this.
Man it drives me nuts how low the bar is for Tumblr for lgbt+ representation. So many things I went to all excited for representation just to find out it's all subtext if that.

Though I do hear in Hannibal the f/f couple both live and get to be happy so that's awesome.

Also I probably ruined your first spoiler tag, Kimra, so I'm sorry about that.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

Sahan wrote:Just finished watching Season 2 of The Katering Show.

For those who haven't seen it, it's a comedy webseries now picked up by the ABC, based around a cook making meals for her friend with multiple food intolerances. The humour is fantastic and the sharp digs at food culture are also right on the money. Would really recommend.
Yes 100% agreed this is a great great show.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Post by Liriodendron_fagotti »

Apocalyptus wrote:
Sahan wrote:Just finished watching Season 2 of The Katering Show.

Yes 100% agreed this is a great great show.
Also agree A++
Continual disappointment is the spice of life.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Genuinely the best commercial of it's sort that I have ever seen:

ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud