What games are you playing right now?

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Re: What games are you playing right now?

Post by Lethal Interjection »

So, according to a few walkthroughs I just watched on youtube, I did level 18 in a much easier way (although not quicker).

SPOILERS:

In the second room, with the 4 sentries, 1 rotating electricity ball thrower, and there is a containment thing to your left. Well, I think the idea is to do it super quick, portal the electrical ball to line up and then quick portal up to the switch to open the door. Not the way I did it. At the toxic waste level there is a platform. So I portaled one next to the contained containment thing, and another down the level. Did the super jump thing (which, when it comes to vertical height, hadn't been necessary yet, though that comes in the next room, I believe), and landed on to the top of the containment thing. Then I just inched my way on to the back of that platform, put out my portals, and pressed the button to open the door at the appropriate time. Way freaking easier than trying to figure out how I can possibly cast all those portals correctly and quickly enough without screwing up.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Meh, I'm still stuck in that room. I don't yet understand the super jump explaination. I will figure it out. Also, if you were meant to hit the switch I'm screwed aren't I?
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

AHMETxRock wrote:Meh, I'm still stuck in that room. I don't yet understand the super jump explaination. I will figure it out. Also, if you were meant to hit the switch I'm screwed aren't I?
There is a switch on a pedestal in front of the door that needs to be opened by it.

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

I just set everything up, saved, then moved really quickly and kept on doing it until I did it right.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Screwing around with the challenges, and I just did the live-fire one using only two portals (gold for the challenge). It was a lot of crouching behind blocks (though I only used 4-5 total).

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Finished downloading the orange box. Not sure how TF2 works, but half life is looking decent.

rustypup
Indignant Newshound

Post by rustypup »

Hunt the AHMETxRock..

(It involves lying quietly in this thicket, eyeballing my victim's rock-star lifestyle while my bile-inducing rage evolves into a physical presence inside of me, cuddling this .223 to my bosom like a baby lamb capable of slaughter...

You only get one point, eventually, but it's the one that counts... )

That and Metro 2033 - which is like S.T.A.L.K.E.R for dummies.... :/
Half dachsund, half sneaky neighbour's dog - all nose.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

God damn sniper battles. I only won once, and that was by sidestepping a headshot at the last second. I had 7 health but got him in the head.
My best record was 14 kill streak as a heavy. I really wish I knew which map I was on, because that was fun. I also can't toggle between my weapons quickly enough when some damn enemies run into my view. I still haven't had the chance to play them all. If anyone wants to explain the item combination concept I'd appreciate it. Also, does having a level 1 weapon make me weaker than the dude witha level 60 weapon? Is there a place to read up on this, for dummies? We all know I'm a dummy.

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Post by FengharTheNord »

I think the "level" is just the time that you randomly received the item. Like the interval that you received it at. Idk. I'm pretty sure it doesn't affect stats at all. Been awhile since I've played.

ANYWAYS I JUST PLAYED AN AWESOME CTHULU BOARDGAME AND I FUCKEN CLOSED SOME MUFUCKN CTHULU GATES AND SHUT THAT SHIT DOWN. KILLED ME A SHOGGOTH AND A UH FLYING THING. I FORGOT WHAT IT'S CALLED. A NIGHTGAUNT. YEAH. WOO. LOVECRAFT.
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
DonRetrasado wrote:Well you'd need a sock as big as an airplane to hide my penis. An airplane the size of the universe.
Wait I live in a universe.
bow chicka bow wow

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

Yeah I think my friend has that Lovecraft board game as well. Apparently it is quite brilliant.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Post by FengharTheNord »

It fucking is. It's cooperative and stressful AS FUCK. OH GOD. Like every encounter beats me into submission. And you desperately have to keep track of your sanity and stamina as you have to use them to seal the gates but if you lose all of one or the other then you lose half your shit and it's UGH. SO HARD. You have to do a "horror roll" before you fight a monster to check if you LOSE SOME OF YOUR SANITY JUST BY LOOKING AT IT BECAUSE OF HOW HORRIFYING IT IS. THEN. THEN. THEEEN. You have to do your standard combat roll. And you will probably lose. It's almost guaranteed. The game is too difficult.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkham_Horror
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
DonRetrasado wrote:Well you'd need a sock as big as an airplane to hide my penis. An airplane the size of the universe.
bow chicka bow wow

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

So, thoughts on Red Dead Redemption? So far I've spent half an hour killing birds and random civilians by horseback and it seems pretty fucking sweet.

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

I recently downloaded Braid, I've only played it for a few minutes but it's pretty different so far. I like it.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Post by FengharTheNord »

LordRetard wrote:So, thoughts on Red Dead Redemption? So far I've spent half an hour killing birds and random civilians by horseback and it seems pretty fucking sweet.
I want them to port it to puter :(
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
bow chicka bow wow

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Half Life 2 man. Those god damned face fuckers. I can't shoot em. I just swing my crowbar at headlevel until they die.