What games are you playing right now?

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Re: What games are you playing right now?

Post by Liriodendron_fagotti »

Getting back into Star Wars: The Old Republic while I'm at my parents' because the computer my brother built can run it way smoother than my laptop, which has never handled games very well. The intertwining storylines for each class are wonderful, and they updated it recently to lessen further the very mild grind aspect it had to make the narrative-driven nature even stronger.
Continual disappointment is the spice of life.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

I recommend all the lego star wars games. Having just rewatched the prequals, other than being pained by how bad they were, I was reminded how good the Lego Star Wars prequal games were. So now I'm going to play them all through again.
King Prawn

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

I am playing the absolute shit out of SUPERHOT. It's the most innovative first-person shooter I've played in years.

https://killstagram.com/u/Nikole <- that's me! (it takes a bit to load)

I'm currently doing a challenge run of where I'm only allowed to use a katana. Weirdly, a bunch of the levels are way easier this way although they are made up by the levels that are MUCH harder; you end up taking cover a lot more often when you can't punch someone in the face and steal their gun.

hit me up on Steam is you want a coupon; i don't know how many i have but i really want as many of my acquaintances as possible to play this game
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Felstaff
XKCD spy

Post by Felstaff »

Man, I remember seeing that game yonks ago and thinking "I can't wait 'til it comes out!" And now it's out!

I will, as you say, hit you up on Steam.
255 characters of free advertising space? I'm selling these line feather jackets...

Felstaff
XKCD spy

Post by Felstaff »

TURNS OUT I DIDN'T NEED TO. I WAS HIT UP.

You have my thanks. It's downloading now.
255 characters of free advertising space? I'm selling these line feather jackets...

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

Turns out I only had one coupon! How much did it save you, Felstaff?

Also finally done with the Katana-only mode; the last level was insane! Such a difficult opening, with a dude shooting an assault rifle from the start and almost no proper cover. Plus the second guy I killed shot my katana out of the air, so I had to grab one off the wall to continue the level :\

https://killstagram.com/s/LovelyAnnualB ... cinthMacaw
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I've been rather enjoying the app game Marvel's Contest of Champions.
Seems to me it is kind of a cross between a deck-building game and a simplistic 2D fighting game. It's not a game I would've anticipated playing as long as I have (it's been about a month).
I think games like this have a certain threshold. Passing the threshold is dependent on two variables: How much do you like the gameplay and how much time are you willing to spend to extend the playability of the game? Basically you need to like the gameplay enough to put the time so that your 'deck' is decent enough to help you progress. Blizzard's Hearthstone, as an example, lost me fairly early as the game quickly got to a point where I had to commit either considerable time or money to make the game playable. And I didn't even like the game all that much.
Under normal circumstances I would've abandoned Contest of Champions about 2 weeks in. But while I was on night-shift I had a bunch of free-time, away from the computer, which pushed me past the threshold (plus a good leveling alliance team), to the point where I'm continuing to enjoy the game despite not having the same amount of time to play it.

JamesGoblin

Post by JamesGoblin »

Mostly foruming & waitng for couple 2017 titles. Hmm...does chess count?

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

JamesGoblin wrote:Mostly foruming & waitng for couple 2017 titles. Hmm...does chess count?
I'm sorry but Chess was officially de-listed as a game once it was mastered by computers. Similarly tic-tac-toe is no longer a game as it can be performed by chickens. Humanity is really good at moving goal posts, basically.

gödel stop spreading fud

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

Tic-tac-toe doesn't count anymore? Does that mean I am no longer... a Gamer?
King Prawn

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

I'm sorry you had to find out this way, Kimra :(

gödel stop spreading fud

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

I've been really into Nuclear Throne lately
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Does MASH count as a game?

JamesGoblin

Post by JamesGoblin »

Edminster wrote:
JamesGoblin wrote:Mostly foruming & waitng for couple 2017 titles. Hmm...does chess count?
I'm sorry but Chess was officially de-listed as a game once it was mastered by computers. Similarly tic-tac-toe is no longer a game as it can be performed by chickens. Humanity is really good at moving goal posts, basically.
I heard rumors about the death of chess, but...but...tic-tac-toe was my last hope :cry:

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

So what is it called now if I want to play Tic Tac Toe with a chicken?
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?