Mortal Kombat Rebirth

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Re: Mortal Kombat Rebirth

Post by LordRetard »

I am a white persian prince. Are you questioning my honesty?

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

I'm sorry, sire! I had no idea.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

smiley_cow wrote:You have to admit, it is a bit odd that a Persian prince would be white.
Yeah I've heard a bit about that. Apparently it's more accurate than one might think, because Iranians are not Arabic, and the inhabitants of Persia at that point in history were mostly Indo-Aryan and Greek (AS FAR AS I KNOW I COULD BE WRONG).
Still doesn't explain the casting of The Last Airbender though.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

Also the game character is pretty damn white. What a honkey.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

Apocalyptus wrote:
smiley_cow wrote:You have to admit, it is a bit odd that a Persian prince would be white.
Yeah I've heard a bit about that. Apparently it's more accurate than one might think, because Iranians are not Arabic, and the inhabitants of Persia at that point in history were mostly Indo-Aryan and Greek (AS FAR AS I KNOW I COULD BE WRONG).
Still doesn't explain the casting of The Last Airbender though.
I always saw The Last Airbender as a pretty transparent allegory for certain Asian countries, with the Air Temples drawing a lot from Tibetan monasteries, and the Fire Nation seeming to have a lot in common with the modern, industrious China. Maybe by getting an Indian actor, they make the reference to Tibet more obvious than picking an actor with East-Asian descent?
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

I'm not talking about that specific casting decision. There was actually a leak of one of the casting notes which asked for actors who were 'White, and other ethnicities". Although I guess in the actual show most of the characters, especially the 'Eskimos' were drawn in a pretty Anglo looking way. So I dunno.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."