Toy Story 3

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Re: Toy Story 3

Post by smiley_cow »

It was a direct to video movie. The basic premise was that it was the movie that the Buzz Lightyear toy was based off of. I think there was also a TV show for a little while.

OK, I admit the Spanish Buzz Lightyear was adorable. Especially when he was dancing around Jesse.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

Ahh, I'll have to go search it up. I think i vaguely recall catching part of a tv series once many moons ago, so that makes sense.

And his speech about her being more beautiful than a desert flower? Adorable
Apocalyptus wrote: Nothing can beat the image of mouth muffling breast implants.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

carbonstealer wrote:If you aren't expecting genius you usually won't have as disappointing a time in a bad movie. However if you expect genius walking into a mediocre movie, you'll enjoy a lot less than if you went in expecting a bad one
Project Low Expectations* is a must for any movie you have been anticipating. Because there is no chance of most movies ever meeting my high expectations. It keeps me sane. Especially for movies like Avatar, which meet everyone of my low expectations.
smiley_cow wrote:
Cirtur wrote:What's that from?
This
I was going with this.

*this phenomenon is well documented in my household, with that name. i.e. I didn't just make that up, we call it that.
King Prawn

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

It made me enjoy the A team. I went expecting nothing of note and saw people attempting to destroy planes while flying a tank thousands of metres off the ground, which at least made for an interesting few minutes
Apocalyptus wrote: Nothing can beat the image of mouth muffling breast implants.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

Spoiler warning was unnecessary. That was in the ad.

Also I want to see that, but no-one will go with me (this is not so surprising but it's still annoying).
King Prawn

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

Oh thats ok then. I just didn't want to ruin the most epic part in case there was someone out there who didn't see it coming. Just go and see it, but with low expectations, IT will surprise you pleasantly

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Post by FengharTheNord »

Here at the best theater it's around 8.50 for a regular showing and about 10 or 11 bucks for IMAX which has an even bigger screen and better sound and 3D if the movie has it.

Anyways I saw Inception with the IMAX EXPERIENCE and it was the best thing ever in my life ever oh my god it was so goodododogdogjdoasjid

Still need to see Toy Story 3
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
DonRetrasado wrote:Well you'd need a sock as big as an airplane to hide my penis. An airplane the size of the universe.
Wait I live in a universe.
bow chicka bow wow

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

The only time I have been to an IMAX theatre was back in the good ol' Sydney days and I went on a school excursion to see a documentary on the human body. I saw a two storey high pimple being popped. I wasn't sure whether to be impressed or disgusted, so I settled for both

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

There would be a strange sense of satisfaction in that moment as well, I think.
King Prawn

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

there is really ntohing quite like getting a good pimple after all

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

Did it have sound effects? Like, a good theater-shaking explosion?
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

My teeth were vibrating out of my head

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

Oldrac the Chitinous wrote:Did it have sound effects? Like, a good theater-shaking explosion?
Now that's just juvenile.

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

Don't act so high and mighty. You know that deep inside that is exactly what you would long for at such a moment

Magnanimous

Post by Magnanimous »

44 posts, and not a single mention of Totoro. You people disgust me.

I play way too much Tetris, and you should too. Current 40 Lines record: 44.26 seconds (135.59 ppm)