Scott Pilgrim

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Re: Scott Pilgrim

Post by Apocalyptus »

Eh, maybe later.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

Dear Miss Lyptus of the Apoc,

If you were half as good at cussing as you are at making bad judgements in movies I might even be insulted. But you aren't. Cyberpunk is rad, and Inception had the potential to be good. But it sucked. It was almost as repugnant as your breath, but not quite. It wasted it's awe inspiring special effects in the first half-hour (and if you saw an add for it, they hardly left anything out). It had more plot holes then Pirates of the Caribbean, and not as much eye candy or funny. The final level was just a bloody James Bond movie.

My biggest problem is that it had so much potential and achieved none of it. Like that train of awesome coming out of no-where and then what? that's it? Nothing else happens with that except a deranged woman shows up for a few seconds? No trains, no falling buildings, what about anything else? No, just a train in one scene early on. Excellent thank you for that slap to the face of wasted awesome. Really. I could write a better movie. Really, a much better movie. The architect didn't even do anything awesome, one paradox and that was it. That was a wasted idea again. Why spend so much time explaining it to throw it away in a split second moment?

ANYWAY. You two faced bitch whore from hell, you clearly don't know anything, so go fuck yourself.

Sincerely yours,
Kimra, Master of Lint

p.s. That sounds positively delightful, may I bring some pineapple teacakes along as well? They are absolutely charming and I'm sure you'll love them. Roger sends his regards and I can't wait to see you. Hugs and kisses!
King Prawn

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Kimra wrote:Dear Miss Lyptus of the Apoc,

If you were half as good at cussing as you are at making bad judgements in movies I might even be insulted. But you aren't. Cyberpunk is rad, and Inception had the potential to be good. But it sucked. It was almost as repugnant as your breath, but not quite. It wasted it's awe inspiring special effects in the first half-hour (and if you saw an add for it, they hardly left anything out). It had more plot holes then Pirates of the Caribbean, and not as much eye candy or funny. The final level was just a bloody James Bond movie.

My biggest problem is that it had so much potential and achieved none of it. Like that train of awesome coming out of no-where and then what? that's it? Nothing else happens with that except a deranged woman shows up for a few seconds? No trains, no falling buildings, what about anything else? No, just a train in one scene early on. Excellent thank you for that slap to the face of wasted awesome. Really. I could write a better movie. Really, a much better movie. The architect didn't even do anything awesome, one paradox and that was it. That was a wasted idea again. Why spend so much time explaining it to throw it away in a split second moment?

ANYWAY. You two faced bitch whore from hell, you clearly don't know anything, so go fuck yourself.

Sincerely yours,
Kimra, Master of Lint

p.s. That sounds positively delightful, may I bring some pineapple teacakes along as well? They are absolutely charming and I'm sure you'll love them. Roger sends his regards and I can't wait to see you. Hugs and kisses!
See this, people? This is how you write letters.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

Then I am a Jedi Knight.
King Prawn

Amerika
Like Cirtur, only funny

Post by Amerika »

Dearest Kimra Daughter-of-the-Hole,

While I read your letter in earnest joy at seeing your discovery of the joys of letter-writing, I was disheartened by your attempt to discredit the feature film henceforth known as Inception. However I am of the opinion that perhaps this is learned behaviour and that you may not be the idiot your words and grammatical errors prescribe you to be.

Your assertion in the first paragraph is twofold. First, that Inception "wasted" its* special effects early on, not utilising them in a climax as you might see fit. Perhaps you do not see. The special effects were used to show the scale of the picture, to let the audience buy into the idea of the dream. Nevertheless, Christopher Nolan decided that he would let the performances of the actors tell his story and thus elected to allow an emotional climax to a film about the reality of emotions and how they effect the result of decisions.

Your second assertion, that Inception had plot holes seems to me to have a simple remedy. Perhaps try watching Inception instead of being face down in a popcorn trough for half of the picture? You'll be able to hear the words much more clearly without the kernels blocking the ear drum.

This idea of potential† that you bring up seems to be your main problem. Your presupposition is that the only thing worth watching is something that occurs on a grand scale, no matter the beauty of something intricate or the elegance of something finite. You are focussing on the wrong parts of the film. The train wasn't the point, the paradoxes weren't the point, Fischer and Cobb's journeys were. Ariadne's growth was. The spectacle that the world suggests is enough. I doubt that your self-penned picture would have these things and I further doubt that the nonsense in its stead will provide for those that miss it.

I think the main point is that you didn't understand Inception. And that's okay, there's no judgement here. This forum has a lot of different levels of ability and that's fine. Not everyone has to be a genius at my level, because otherwise we wouldn't get your quaint wisdoms and naive "thoughts" about the world. In a way, we need you, just like policemen need criminals and doctors need disease.

Yours sincerely,

Image AmerikaImage

PS Oh my god, I must get in on this! What a truly delicious day we'll have.

*notice, I do not add an apostrophe when none is needed.
† The word awesome is not a noun and when used in such a way makes me severely question your intelligence.

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

Well, faced with these amazing displays of letter writing ability, I feel completely at a loss.
I hereby resign from the scone and cucumber sandwich festivities.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

Dear Amerika of Yuck Fair,

It has come to my attention that your response was far too long winded and full of itself. I will therefore refrain from reading it on principle.

Please choke on your over-verbose display of prig-a-tude.

Sincerely,
Kimra of the Lazy Fay

p.s. Of course you can come! Nothing would delight us more than your gallant company being counted in our numbers. Apocalyptus is currently busy making preparations but has assured me that your invitation was assumed. I believe we must include pims on the lawn for a party is never complete without pims. I am positively radiant with excitement.
King Prawn

Amerika
Like Cirtur, only funny

Post by Amerika »

Dearest Kimra of the hole,

Perhaps it is not the inclination to read my reply you lack, but the capacity.

Yours sincerely,

Image AmerikaImage

PS PARTY