Scott Pilgrim

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Re: Scott Pilgrim

Post by Edminster »

Apparently Egg is in it, so now I'm more likely to watch it on Netflix rather than just give it a miss entirely.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Comrade_249

Post by Comrade_249 »

smiley_cow wrote:
Comrade_249 wrote:I think it sucks. though I have never seen it before in whole I saw the trailor and it just looks too ready for a select audience to fawn over it. As I read in a journal post once, 'SP is like the wet dreams of a 12 year old Smash(I am ignorant and should be dragged into the street and shot in the mouth.) set to a shitty indie soundtrack' or something like that.
Well if it's in an anonymous journal post, it must be true. A piece of advice: if you're going to pass judgment on people who like a particular movie, you may want to actually have seen the movie you're talking about, you're opinion may actually carry weight that way.
*whistles* someone got a bit butthurt about that. It can't be THAT good of a movie.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

I once read an anonymous journal post about how Jews are scum and must be eradicated.

What I am saying is that it is all kinds of retarded to fall in lockstep with anonymous journal posts without actually looking at the issue from all sides and possibly *gasp* experiencing something before forming an opinion.

It's a radical notion, I know.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Comrade_249

Post by Comrade_249 »

Edminster wrote:I once read an anonymous journal post about how Jews are scum and must be eradicated.

What I am saying is that it is all kinds of retarded to fall in lockstep with anonymous journal posts without actually looking at the issue from all sides and possibly *gasp* experiencing something before forming an opinion.

It's a radical notion, I know.
So I was disinterested about this movie and mistakenly used a random journal post [suprise! it *was* a neo-nazi] to make some sort of point. Just to give all the cynical bastards out there a laugh. I guess ya'll are a little different here, so I'll officially retract my opinion and apologize.

My new and improved opinion is: I have not seen the movie and don't plan to watch it because I am disinterested in the subject and it does not appeal to my demographic.

Amerika
Like Cirtur, only funny

Post by Amerika »

ed I read an anonymous journal that told me not to trust anonymous journals

made me think about my life

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Amerika wrote:ed I read an anonymous journal that told me not to trust anonymous journals

made me think about my life
And I read one that told me to trust all anonymous journals! What will I do!
Edminster wrote:Apparently Egg is in it, so now I'm more likely to watch it on Netflix rather than just give it a miss entirely.

Sweet.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Comrade_249 wrote:
smiley_cow wrote:
Comrade_249 wrote:I think it sucks. though I have never seen it before in whole I saw the trailor and it just looks too ready for a select audience to fawn over it. As I read in a journal post once, 'SP is like the wet dreams of a 12 year old Smash(I am ignorant and should be dragged into the street and shot in the mouth.) set to a shitty indie soundtrack' or something like that.
Well if it's in an anonymous journal post, it must be true. A piece of advice: if you're going to pass judgment on people who like a particular movie, you may want to actually have seen the movie you're talking about, you're opinion may actually carry weight that way.
*whistles* someone got a bit butthurt about that. It can't be THAT good of a movie.
I wasn't really offended, I'm quite happy to admit that SP had it's faults and isn't for everyone. It was a good movie (in my opinion), it wasn't an amazing movie and we're each entitled to our own opinion anyways. I was just pointing out that if you're going to criticize something, it helps if you know what you're talking about. Honestly I'd have said the same thing no matter what movie/tv show/book/etc you were talking about.

If you read that as offended I recommend taking a look through the forum rules or you are going to be spending a lot of time here angry.
Forum rules wrote:12. Don't take anything personally. We all read this comic and thus have a bent sense of humor.
12-2. Don't take anything seriously either, jerk.
*And just so you know I don't mean any of this cruelly or am holding anything against you (because in all honesty, we've all prejudged before) I am adding in a smiley to show my true, currently quite jovial mood. :)
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Amerika
Like Cirtur, only funny

Post by Amerika »

I'm adding in an angry face to show my true rage. :roll:

DAMMIT

Comrade_249

Post by Comrade_249 »

I wasn't really offended, I'm quite happy to admit that SP had it's faults and isn't for everyone. It was a good movie (in my opinion), it wasn't an amazing movie and we're each entitled to our own opinion anyways. I was just pointing out that if you're going to criticize something, it helps if you know what you're talking about. Honestly I'd have said the same thing no matter what movie/tv show/book/etc you were talking about.

If you read that as offended I recommend taking a look through the forum rules or you are going to be spending a lot of time here angry.
Forum rules wrote:12. Don't take anything personally. We all read this comic and thus have a bent sense of humor.
12-2. Don't take anything seriously either, jerk.
*And just so you know I don't mean any of this cruelly or am holding anything against you (because in all honesty, we've all prejudged before) I am adding in a smiley to show my true, currently quite jovial mood. :)

Happy faes for resolved schuffle c:

And besides, who reads the rules? Psshaw.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

I'd recommend you read them now.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

Saw Scott Pilgrim, liked Scott Pilgrim. Didn't think it was god gift to movies, but some of the people I was with enjoyed it like it as. I think my enjoyment button is broken. But I also suspect it's the kind of movie I will enjoy more and more the more I see it.

On a side note: Inception sucked, and it was the kind of sucking with too much slobber and not enough skill.
King Prawn

Comrade_249

Post by Comrade_249 »

Kimra wrote:Saw Scott Pilgrim, liked Scott Pilgrim. Didn't think it was god gift to movies, but some of the people I was with enjoyed it like it as. I think my enjoyment button is broken. But I also suspect it's the kind of movie I will enjoy more and more the more I see it.

On a side note: Inception sucked, and it was the kind of sucking with too much slobber and not enough skill.
I knida liked Inception, ironically.

I was just so suprised to see an interesting, thoughtful concept implanted into a Hollywood film [no matter how butchered it was]. If Inception were an indie film it would probably be gold. I thought it was the sucking that makes you dissapointed that it wasn't really good or really bad because that would be more interesting.

Kovvy
Bride Of Galactus

Post by Kovvy »

I think my expectations were too high for Inception, so I was disappointed.

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

Kimra wrote:On a side note: Inception sucked, and it was the kind of sucking with too much slobber and not enough skill.
Shut your whore mouth.*

For a Hollywood film, I thought it was pretty amazing.
But I guess I'm a sucker for cyberpunk in general.

*By the way, would you be interested in some scones and cucumber sandwiches with tea while we crochet cardigans this Friday morning? I would be ever so delighted if you could make it.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

Amerika
Like Cirtur, only funny

Post by Amerika »

Apocalyptus wrote:*By the way, would you be interested in some scones and cucumber sandwiches with tea while we crochet cardigans this Friday morning? I would be ever so delighted if you could make it.
lern 2 lettr