Eye Clawing Horrors

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

Asherian
Token Erisian

Eye Clawing Horrors

Post by Asherian »

So, as I'm sure I've made clear in numerous post on this forum, I love bad movies.

Okay I should clarify, I don't like shitty college made movies(Though often these can be wonderful joyous things), I mean shlocky tails of horror that even Bruce Campbell(Bless his chin) would be ashamed to be in. Indeed one of my favorite films of all time is a Bruce Campbell movie that (For a long time, I think its changed recently) wasn't even released in the US except as a for television film Assault on Dome 4(I can not describe my glee when he referenced it briefly in My Name is Bruce). Things like Cat People, an 80s classic about incestuous were-panthers. Or "Ozone" aka Street Zombies(the original title changed later due to.. something), a film so bad I've yet to see past the first 2 hours as dvd players ritualistically attempt to destroy themselves on it, but oh those first two hours were a level of mortifying horror I've not found else where.

Indeed this thread is to further such horrors upon your mental fortitude, to share our experiences of things best left forgot with each other and in doing so our pain. So share with us, what are the movies you pull out when you've got someone trapped on your couch for some brain hurting horror? This isn't about movies that are scary intentionally, these are movies that have crossed that verge into lovecraftian lovers going after your ocular sockets.*

*For Ed's sake I'll state for the record this might be a re-post, I honestly can't recall if I've tried to start up this thread before.
As pure as the driven snow. Bitches

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Re: Eye Clawing Horrors

Post by DonRetrasado »

This does sound familiar. But anyway, content:

Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Kovvy
Bride Of Galactus

Post by Kovvy »

I love that scene.
That movie really is just... just terrible.

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

http://www.smbc-comics.com/smbcforum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2618

Here is the other similar thread that I had -nothing- to do with, so there's probably Another Older thread from me.

Apparently I need to get this movie, it was linked back in the original thread as well.

Look at me! Reading through the forum and linking stuff all through it, like I actually know what I'm doing with this damn post editor.

I'mma pretty fish!

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

To Edminster's Post

Oh thank you God, I've been trying for over a decade to figure out what the hell movie that was. I saw the end half of it on TV when I was 12, never found out the title, and it has nagged me to this day. Thank You Ed, you've put part of me to rest that knew only sorrow and unfulfillment.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

If I recall there was a little confusion in that thread regarding what constitutes a horrible movie. It was a rather bewildering discussion.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

It looks like, which just makes me glad I included such fine examples in my leading post. Also we are talking about a different class of movie.

I'm not saying bad but fun, I'm talking about the things that you wish you could unsee, but lacking that option inflict upon close friends and random internet strangers. Things you get around a TV to watch despite knowing better to hilarity and bonding, ideally with a lot of booze. I would never include such fine films as Die Hard, or Howard the Duck in this realm, though I could accept Buckaroo Bonzai or Howard the Duck though I wouldn't generally count them as so bad.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

I think that whole discussion could've been avoided if he never mentioned Die Hard. I still believe that it is one of the finest movies I have ever seen, and by no criteria awful.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Congo. I haven't seen it in a very long time, but of all my "worst" movies, this one best resembles what you are talking about.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

The Man In the Iron Mask. (DiCaprio) One of the only movies I've ever stopped watching because it was just that bad.

Fair Game. Terrible terrible movie.

These two are movies that were both terrible and I was unwilling to bother wasting my life watching the ends of. Generally I love shit movies. I watched Disneys 'The Ice Princess' last night.
King Prawn

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

The Time Machine.

Eragon.

Dungeons and Dragons

now that is just average bad.
The Room is just insanely bad

What I am about to add has this line in it...

"I'll need some of your milk" "Why you must be joking, I don't have any milk"
"You just drink this now, and in three days... you'll have plenty of milk"

Black Magic

e: Has any here seen the riff trax for the room? The Room is pretty much an "old as history of the roomies" roomies in joke and the riff trax just made it that much more hilarious
Apocalyptus wrote: Nothing can beat the image of mouth muffling breast implants.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Mon Oncle Antoine.

This movie is really highly critically acclaimed, which you think would be a good sign. But the movie has no plot because it's supposed to be artsy, making it boring as hell, and the main focus is the main character going through puberty and thinking/imagining breasts all the time. And of course the way it's treated his all his higher brain power shuts off and women become objects in which breasts happen to be attached. Of course I've never understood why male puberty is so incredibly special anyways.

So yeah really boring and (for me anyways) completely unrelatable.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

smiley_cow wrote:Mon Oncle Antoine.

This movie is really highly critically acclaimed, which you think would be a good sign. But the movie has no plot because it's supposed to be artsy, making it boring as hell, and the main focus is the main character going through puberty and thinking/imagining breasts all the time. And of course the way it's treated his all his higher brain power shuts off and women become objects in which breasts happen to be attached. Of course I've never understood why male puberty is so incredibly special anyways.

So yeah really boring and (for me anyways) completely unrelatable.
I feel similarly about Mulholland Drive.

Also, I agree about Time Machine. Jeremy Irons is just cringe-worthy, which makes a poor movie unbearable.

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

Three quarters of that movie is intro, and the main plot takes 10 minutes. It is just about the most poorly plotted film I have ever seen
Apocalyptus wrote: Nothing can beat the image of mouth muffling breast implants.

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

Siblings and I stumbled upon this hilariously bad gem late one night in December about 6 years ago. To this day it is burned into our memories.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."