Ghostbusters 3

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

Steve M

Ghostbusters 3

Post by Steve M »

They are still trying to go forward with a third Ghostbusters film. Does anybody think this is a good idea? (I've written about it in my blog, feel free to read it!). The first film one has nostalgic value, the second dropped the ball. Would a third redeem the franchise? I think it could if it wasn't made just as an excuse to sell toys and merchandise. Make it a proper horror comedy, like Shaun of the Dead.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Re: Ghostbusters 3

Post by Kimra »

I do feel free to read your blog. But I'm still not going to do it. -_______-
King Prawn

Amerika
Like Cirtur, only funny

Post by Amerika »

There was a second ghostbusters?

Was it good?

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Post by FengharTheNord »

All I remember from ghostbusters was when they ghostbusted that giant marshmellow man and I wanted to eat him so bad.
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
DonRetrasado wrote:Well you'd need a sock as big as an airplane to hide my penis. An airplane the size of the universe.
Wait I live in a universe.
bow chicka bow wow

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

And in the second one they gooed up the statue of liberty and I wanted to eat her so bad.
King Prawn

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

Kimra! Children, or 40 year old men pretending to be children sometimes maybe go on this forum.
No more of your filth, please.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

Steve M

Post by Steve M »

Kimra wrote:And in the second one they gooed up the statue of liberty and I wanted to eat her so bad.
The whole statue of liberty thing is what ruined the second one (with or without the eating).

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

So, Bill Murray has finally got off the fence and said he's not willing to do a third film.

The gods know I had my reservations about it, but I really wanted to see the four original Ghostbusters don their uniforms and throw out some proton streams again. It could have been bad. Heck, it still could be terrible, especially without Murray.

Nonetheless, I'll always keep a little money aside for the movie, until it happens (or not). Enough for two tickets* and a conciliatory alcoholic beverage to take the taste of fail away.

* I hate going to the movies alone. She doesn't love Ghostbusters like I do, but I'm sure Lady BlueCrayon would be there to help me through the film. One painful scene at a time, I predict.
Pirate.

Dindong
[Insert Here]

Post by Dindong »

Wasn't the vidja game like a third ghostbusters? I think I read that somewhere. Probably on a review of said vidja game.

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

Dindong wrote:I think I read that somewhere.
You probably read that several places. Or, you could have. Aykroyd said it, and it was repeated ad nauseum in an effort to drive up sales of the game. I've played the demo. It was... okay.

The actual third movie is a planned thing that's constantly grabbing bite-sized chunks of attention in the wider film industry, always teasing with what could and definitely could not ever be. The latest word is that it's in "suspended animation", which I choose to interpret the same was as "on hiatus".

And if cynicism has taught me anything, it's that when you tell a child "maybe" what you really mean is "no".
Pirate.

Dindong
[Insert Here]

Post by Dindong »

I tell children maybe all the time. Like in the shower at the pool. I really wish the showers at the pool were individual showers, my pubic hair gets chlorine in it as well. I don't feel comfortable showing my penis to children. Or rather, I feel perfectly comfortable doing it, it's how comfortable anybody else would be that I worry about. I am not becoming one of the Sun on Sunday's front pages for it to look back on when it inevitably says Thank you and Goodbye.

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

All you have to do is pull out the waist band of your swimming bottoms, then go up to the shower and let it run into the gap, thus de-chlorinating your pubes and genitals.
It's the perfect solution!
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

I honestly would have preferred that they never made a second movie. I'm not saying Ghostbusters 2 was bad, because it wasn't. I laughed. But it was nothing close to the glory that was Ghostbusters. I may be nostalgically biased though. The first non-kids movies I saw as a kid were Ghostbusters and Empire Strikes Back. Ghostbusters shortly after it hid video and Empire about the same time when it re-released in theaters in 1985. Empire was also the first movie I saw in a theater.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

GreenCrayon wrote:* I hate going to the movies alone. She doesn't love Ghostbusters like I do, but I'm sure Lady BlueCrayon would be there to help me through the film. One painful scene at a time, I predict.
I have the same problem, so I usually take a hostage.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Dindong
[Insert Here]

Post by Dindong »

Apocalyptus wrote:All you have to do is pull out the waist band of your swimming bottoms, then go up to the shower and let it run into the gap, thus de-chlorinating your pubes and genitals.
It's the perfect solution!
I do this already, but I'm not sure it's working, running water through my hair doesn't seem to dechlorinate it, it needs the soap. And the soap needs to be massaged into the hair.

I think when massaging the soap into the pubic hair the trunks make it worse.