Please don't kill me until I kill you first.

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Re: Please don't kill me until I kill you first.

Post by DonRetrasado »

Edminster wrote:
GUTCHUCKER wrote:Yep.
Doesn't make it any less amoral to gank em tho
Finally you agree that it's not evil! Our work here is done.
Victory By Malapropism!
GUTCHUCKER wrote:And I'm not whining, you fucking narcissistic prick. In case you hadn't noticed, the fact that being ganked sucks is my point. I'm advocating a viewpoint; something which requires empathy, which you seem to have none of. I'm judging this by the way you seem to think making people unhappy is okay because you're teaching them a lesson (an opportunity for learning which tends not to sink in since your victims are stressed). Wow, you're such an altruist.
Most of us have perfectly fine empathy. Your situation, as you present it, is simply too pathetic for us to do anything other than mock you. This is WoW, not something that, ya know, actually matters or whatever. If you were really that sensitive you could just as easily stop playing and find something else to do. Maybe a different MMO, even.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

I'm still not talking about myself you dickheads
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Well, I assume you feel embarrassed on behalf of whoever you are talking about.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

GUTCHUCKER

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

People are being unhappy, and I just don't like to see unhappy people
Edit: Is it so hard to believe that I'm just an indiscriminate altruist?

Gangler
watashi wa kawaii desu ne ^o^;

Post by Gangler »

GUTCHUCKER wrote: You also might not know what griefing is like on said pvp server when you make your character and spend hours leveling it.
As a matter of fact I do. I thoroughly enjoy pvp. As I've stated, I feel the pvp in WoW sucks. Far too limiting.
GUTCHUCKER wrote: Man, people are too distracted to look up all the time. When you're looking up, you're not observing your surroundings e.g. the monster which is beating on you at the time.
Oh! Boohoo! I can't remain aware of my surroundings! Effing learn the balance. I'm not talking about standing around staring into the clouds. I'm talking about peeking in all directions often enough that you are aware of your surroundings
GUTCHUCKER wrote: You can't line of sight pve mobs, they run slightly faster than you and if they hit you in the back you are slowed. Many mobs have abilities which make it difficult or impossible to escape. Also, you lose durability on your items if you are killed by a mob but not by a player, costing your money. Higher stakes. Stuns don't last long enough to escape. I already said invisibility doesn't work. You're trying to lecture me on this shit and you don't even play WoW?
I have played WoW. I do not currently play it. It's not to my taste. So sue me. When did I even mention invisibility? I mentioned obscuring visibility. Anything flashy. Anything disorienting. I don't recall if WoW has a blind status or not, but that would help.
GUTCHUCKER wrote: Hearthing takes too long and is more inconvenient than dying. It also breaks on attack/stun. If they see you, it's already too late, like I said.
The range thing is no design flaw, it's to do with server ping. It's due to the servers all being half a world away for most of the people on my server coupled with dodgy isp bullshit. The rough estimation doesn't do you a lot of help.
Your job is to make sure you have time to hearth, or utilize whatever means of teleportation you have. Breaking on attack or stun is irrelevant since the first hit will probably kill you. I don't really care about the technical explanation behind the range. All I know is that other games I've played maintain a consistent range. The rough estimation should allow you to know how close they can get before you die ie how much time you have to escape.
GUTCHUCKER wrote: Okay, the sight one - nevermind the whole 'you don't see them coming and they're faster than you' thing then, we'll just throw that out the window then, shall we? If you were viewing every vantage point well enough not to miss someone it'd be similar to hopping into a tumble dryer. The best you could hope for is "oh fuck there's someone flying above me" then insta death.
If you literally can't see them until they're right on top of you that's really shitty visibility. I don't even know what to say about that.
GUTCHUCKER wrote: You don't see names repeat because it's rarely one person consistently doing it. That is, unless it's the same Classy Lady 5 times in an hour.
Not a single person no, but it's unlikely for the zone to have more than a dozen or two regulars at any given hour. There just aren't enough lowbies to support any more than that in a single area. There probably aren't enough mobs to support enough lowbies to handle more griefers.
GUTCHUCKER wrote: Generally when you call for help from someone higher up the ganker will be long gone... Or waiting for them to leave, which I have seen done many times. Classes like rogues are almost ungankable, and warriors, for instance, might end up killing several of your 85 friends at the same time.
Obviously they'll be gone. They're not stationary. You take note of the username. They'll be around again.

As much as the warrior thing sounds like a severe ballance issue, I still have to believe that if you were doing it right he couldn't take on several others of his own level. I would imagine ranged attackes coupled with stuns, kites, and movement speed reductions would end in his dying without causing too much harm. Last I checked warrior is melee, and has limited options for ranged damage.

Rogues are generally hard to pk. Still, so long as you can spot him while he's visible and get a good stun in, he's unlikely to last too long. They're primary strength comes from getting the first hit and they can't take very much damage.
GUTCHUCKER wrote: And I'm not whining, you fucking narcissistic prick. In case you hadn't noticed, the fact that being ganked sucks is my point. I'm advocating a viewpoint; something which requires empathy, which you seem to have none of. I'm judging this by the way you seem to think making people unhappy is okay because you're teaching them a lesson (an opportunity for learning which tends not to sink in since your victims are stressed). Wow, you're such an altruist.
And the fact that it doesn't suck is my point. I've played pvp. I've been ganked. This is not a matter of lacking empathy so much as I actually enjoy the effing sport and find these complaints ridiculous. Don't play football if you don't wanna get tackled. Don't play paintball if you don't wanna get shot. Don't play pvp if you don't wanna get ganked from time to time.
Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon
about to eat your face.

GUTCHUCKER

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

Tl;dr

Gangler

Post by Gangler »

Shortened.

Lol. L2P N00B. U Pwn yerself when you fail so hard.
Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon
about to eat your face.

GUTCHUCKER

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

Man, all that shit was about the kind of person I am not talking about. Maybe some people do learn from this shit.
It's the ones who don't and are just plain unhappy who I care about.
Edit: You've pretty much just cemented your role as the generic kind of wanker I talk to every day on wow. I don't see you as a person anymore.

USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST

Gangler

Post by Gangler »

Lol. Humor. I thought you were joking when you said tl;dr, seeing as you haven't exactly kept your posts short so far.

Anyway, if they're not learning and they're unhappy then that's just ridiculous. I can't be expected to sympathize when someone deliberately boots up their computer and logs into a game that makes them unhappy. If someone took up boxing and then came home crying every day about how much it hurt to be punched I would be equally unsympathetic. When it is within your own power to not be unhappy, and you choose to continue to engage in the activity that brings you misery, then I'm unsympathetic, and I don't think I'm unique in this.

USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST
about to eat your face.

GUTCHUCKER

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

It's abit more like "I took up boxing and they pit me against the national champion!"
They don't engage in the activity that brings them misery, it's other people doing that. WoW can still be fun in between bouts of agony. It's worth it, but that doesn't make being ganked suck any less.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

GUTCHUCKER wrote:People are being unhappy, and I just don't like to see unhappy people
Edit: Is it so hard to believe that I'm just an indiscriminate altruist?
There are people having a legitimate hard time of things, you know. Like, orphans and shit, I dunno.

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

There's only one way to settle this. A WoW deathmatch!
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

GUTCHUCKER

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

Neh, we got over it. Wasn't such srs business in the first place.
Wait, WoW deathmatch??! THINK OF THE CHILDREN, APOC! THE CHILDREN!