Battlefield 3 Beta

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

Frostbite
I dunno.

Battlefield 3 Beta

Post by Frostbite »

So. Who wants to join in on the PC version with me? September 29th is when the open beta drops. Finally.

Source
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Re: Battlefield 3 Beta

Post by Kimra »

I have none of those devices. So I'm going with 'not me'.
King Prawn

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

What time will it be on?
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

Well, the open beta starts on Thursday, the 29th. And goes for two weeks I believe.

But unless you got that new computer, you won't be participating.

Apocalyptus

Post by Apocalyptus »

Blast. I do have the money for one now, so I should probably figure out what components I want.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

You should get one with lots of MegaRAMs.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

Apocalyptus

Post by Apocalyptus »

And a 10 Meg pipe, right?

Felstaff
XKCD spy

Post by Felstaff »

Frostbite wrote:Well, the open beta starts on Thursday, the 29th. And goes for two weeks I believe.

But unless you got that new computer EA's shitty Origin gaming platform loaded with bullshit DRM installed, you won't be participating.
I really don't want to install Origin. I have bad memories of G4WL, and, well, basically, call me a Steam fanboy, but I don't want another content delivery system on my system, especially one from the mighty soulless, untrustworthy EA.
255 characters of free advertising space? I'm selling these line feather jackets...

Eisbreaker
He Who Must Not Be d

Post by Eisbreaker »

Make sure to get hotseat multilayer for your 10 Meg pipe.
Don't drink and drive, take LSD and Teleport.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

Felstaff wrote:
Frostbite wrote:Well, the open beta starts on Thursday, the 29th. And goes for two weeks I believe.

But unless you got that new computer EA's shitty Origin gaming platform loaded with bullshit DRM installed, you won't be participating.
I really don't want to install Origin. I have bad memories of G4WL, and, well, basically, call me a Steam fanboy, but I don't want another content delivery system on my system, especially one from the mighty soulless, untrustworthy EA.
I've already argued this way too much on The Escapist. It's just kind of depressing at this point the number of Valve/Steam fanboys who are unwilling to even give something new a chance.

I've had more than my fair share of problems with Steam, but I don't immediately call it a piece of garbage and refuse to use it any longer.

Any problem people site about Origin...Steam does the same thing. Or did the same thing when it was released.