Roleplay scientist backstory creation

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

Marshalmallow

Roleplay scientist backstory creation

Post by Marshalmallow »

Didn't know where else to put this, so I put it in here. If it belongs somewhere else, please let me know.

Short explaination: I need a scientific looking paper fabricated purely for using in a roleplay. Character is a scientist.

Now, if anyone is familiar with the anime 'Soul Eater', the process of Soul Resonance will be a taken concept. For those who are not familiar with it, there is a brief explanation under this spoiler block Spoilers don't work as I thought they would. Text will, unfortunately, have to be dumped
In the fantasy world of Soul Eater, there are humans that can turn into weapons. Scythes, Guns, Chainsaws, Swords, Knives, and giant Shuriken stars are a few choice examples.
These weapons are wielded by Meisters. Skilled fighters (mostly) who use them as, well, weapons.

Now the real power of these weapons comes from their resonance. It is believed that their Souls have a wavelength, and if the wavelengths of the Meister and Weapon are in harmony, the pair can perform more complex moves.

Soul Resonance is an extreme form of this harmony, resonance waves are passed from the meister to the weapon. The weapon then increases the amplitude of these waves and sends them back before the process is repeated.
This youtube video (Taken from the series) explains it extremely well

My character (Professor Hakefield) is ultimately trying to make a normal weapon (Not a human) that can resonate artificially.

What I'm really looking for is to make a small research paper that uses enough proper science to make the pseudo-science seem believable. I hope this is making sense.
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Last edited by Oldrac the Chitinous on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spoilerized. You used the Strikethrough code, silly.

Salacious Schoolmate
[Insert Here]

Re: Roleplay scientist backstory creation

Post by Salacious Schoolmate »

here would have been the right place

as for your actual point, I don't know. Scientific-looking, how far away are they looking from? Will they be able to read the words?

Marshalmallow

Post by Marshalmallow »

It will be a recurring object in it, and It's not so much a visual representation that I'm after, more a series of equations and theories to apply and quote.

And thank you, I will see if I can have the topic moved.

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

Mod's got your back, new guy!
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

I suggest grabbing a bunch of random complex looking equations and slapping in some jargon that you should be able to spew out pretty easy. If your players actually expect a realistic explanation for a completely unrealistic and ludicrous idea, I suggest you get better RPers who can suspend their disbelief.

Just some suggestions.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

Marshalmallow

Post by Marshalmallow »

Didn't catch this when it was moved. Thanks for the move, Oldrac.

yeah I'll probably end up basing most of the equations on broken algebra from memory. It's been 2 years since I've done any serious Maths.
Probably throw in a vague graph on a sine wave or something.

Could use help on the jargon. Whilst my RP buddies will take pretty much anything, I feel like I'm cheating if I can't make something that reads realistically.

Kovvy
Bride Of Galactus

Post by Kovvy »