The Newsroom

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

Felstaff
XKCD spy

The Newsroom

Post by Felstaff »

I'm about to watch

The Newsroom

, that new Aaron Sorkin thang. Any watchers? Anyone think it's worth watching before I commit myself?

I've also confused Jeff Daniels with Aaron Eckhart, solely on the basis of hair colour.
255 characters of free advertising space? I'm selling these line feather jackets...

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Re: The Newsroom

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I really enjoyed it, and I'm sad that I have to wait another 10 months or so for new episodes.
It's definitely Sorkin.
I do like one critique of the man. "Aaron Sorkin writing one argument after another for himself to win." Yet somehow he does that so well that I don't give a damn, and I will still watch and enjoy immensely.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Re: The Newsroom

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I spied this thread a little further in the forum and thought I'd just mention my take on season 2.

Not as good. It kind of betrayed the format of the first season. Instead of being a good interplay of following actual news and having an internal fictional plot, this season was very heavy on the latter. To the point that the two main stories took up the first 3/4 of the season, and only then did it start really playing with actual news events.

Though apparently Sorkin had a lot of troubles with it, and actually went back to scratch after having already filmed the first couple of episodes.