Edminster is super lazy so I had to make him this KSP thread

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Re: Edminster is super lazy so I had to make him this KSP th

Post by Edminster »

Landing struts can be deployed by pressing the G key or one of the buttons on the altimeter, or you can set them to an action group in the VAB. As for the crew hatch, you can either arrest your rotation using ASAS to make it easier, or hover over the kerbal's portrait and click on EVA to get them out.

It took me twenty minutes to assemble this rover on Minmus, only to discover that it handles like complete ass. Which, really, I should have expected since it's light as hell on Kerbin and Minmus has 1/20th the gravity. I guess I'll disassemble it and re-use the pieces for something else.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Post by Liriodendron_fagotti »

Thanks for the G. If my computer ever learns to play KSP for more than 20 minutes before turning into a Powerpoint presentation I will utilize it to the fullest.
Continual disappointment is the spice of life.

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Post by Liriodendron_fagotti »

This occasionally* what me trying to land on the Mun looks like.

*often
Continual disappointment is the spice of life.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

On the plus side, it looks like you've certainly mastered using a gravitational slingshot
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

What's that, KSP? You teamed up with NASA to teach us all how to redirect an asteroid from a near-impact to an actual impact?

Or vice-versa. Whichever.

(it's out now!)
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

ARMpack.gif

gödel stop spreading fud

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

0.24 almost certainly dropping this week:

gödel stop spreading fud

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

It's in Beta now, version 0.90! I've been learning how to do precision landings and using the Modular Kolonization System mod in order to build a Mun base.

Click the picture for not tiny

The change to Beta adds upgradeable facilities at the Space Center; a completely revamped ship building editor that makes building much more intuitive; kerbals now have specializations, gain experience, and gain new abilities when they level up (pilots can automatically point ships at maneuver nodes, scientists recover more scientific data, engineers sit there and look pretty, the list goes on!); and every single planet and moon have diverse biomes! It's like a whole new game.

gödel stop spreading fud

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

KSP is now fully released!

1.0 brings an absolute shitload of changes, but the most noticeable are a complete revamp of the aerodynamic system and resource mining. This means you actually need to use things like nosecones and tailfins in order to make rockets not completely flip out, and the launch ascent profile is no longer 'straight up until 10k, flip to 45*' but now much more realistic with turning basically from go and slowly tipping over the entire time.

While waiting for a few mods to update I've been putting together a mining base, and I'm getting pretty good at precision landings without mods.

gödel stop spreading fud