New People

I AM NOT KIDDING YOU WILL BE BANNED

Moderator: GreenCrayon

Laneth
Plot of Hemingway and Gags

Re: New People

Post by Laneth »

We have a Gauntlet here? I loved the game, and I make new staff run a Zombie Gauntlet when they join the e-zine I run, but what's the gauntlet here?

Mage...MountainMage...Mountain? (pref?)

http://sffarlenn.net/?page_id=9 - About Caiseal Mor
http://sffarlenn.net/?page_id=26 - My review on his latest book, which I'm working with him and the publisher in a publicist role...I don't wanna push it here though, that wouldn't be right. If ye want the amazon page, click here.
Laneth Sffarlenn
Almost like a memory, this phantasm has reappeared...

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Most people call me Mountain or Mage for short, but I have no preference. So you run an e-zine and you're intimate with the fantasy genre, eh? Very awesome.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Laneth

Post by Laneth »

The e-zine is mine to run till I step down as Editor-in-Chief in March.
I know this'll come back to haunt me, but I believe in honesty to my fellows, so...
The e-zine is currently the school "paper" for the online Grey School of Wizardry, though
I am working on getting the zine set up enough so as to be able to be sold outside the
school to raise revenue and recompense the staff who donate their time.

The staff are all students of the school, and I'm only stepping down because one of
the Faculty members thinks it fair...*blergh*...and I've also been appointed "Prefect"
of the Lodge I'm in, which means I get to have more Real Ultimate Power over them!!

So yeah, cool and not, depending on your beliefs and ability to accept that there're
some that believe it enough to attend a school for it ;) (Which I am)

And I shall call ye Mage for short, if that be your will.

We shall have to find a place other than the introductions board to continue our fantasy/
wizardry/e-zine/miscellany discussion, no?
Laneth Sffarlenn

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Well there is a fantasy thread in the Books forum. Feel free to post your favorites in there.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Laneth

Post by Laneth »

Huh...should really have looked around first, right? ;)
Laneth Sffarlenn

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

AHMETxRock wrote:Run the GAUNTLET! RUN THE GAUNTLET!
Yeah, the Gauntlet? We just made that up so we could have an excuse to torture you. It doesn't actually exist.

Also, Laneth? I've been looking at your writing and concluded that we need you to participate in the Lexicon. Even if it takes you until we hit the last quarter of the game to catch up on the happenings in the Forum.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Laneth

Post by Laneth »

Why Master Edminster,

I am humbled and honoured to be asked to participate in the extensive documentation of this rich land's history, though I must admit I am quite at a loss of where to begin, or even look to start.

Shall I simply read over the rules and see if I can't get it all into my crammed-full aussie brain, and thence see if I can't contribute something fantastical to the halls of SMB City's Encyclpaedic Annals?
Laneth Sffarlenn

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Laneth wrote:Huh...should really have looked around first, right? ;)
There's worse mistakes you could have made. Just ask Ahmet!*

*Only kidding.

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

mountainmage wrote:
Laneth wrote:Huh...should really have looked around first, right? ;)
There's worse mistakes you could have made. Just ask Ahmet!*

*Only kidding.
where was the "not really" invisitext after your only kidding comment? I thought you were better than that.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

Laneth wrote:I am humbled and honoured to be asked to participate in the extensive documentation of this rich land's history, though I must admit I am quite at a loss of where to begin, or even look to start.
I would definitely say to read through the rules first, then the introduction, followed by every single entry thread written so far, ending with the rest of the Forum. That last bit is not strictly necessary, but it is a good* idea.

*for values of 'good' that include 'utter waste of time'**
**unless you find me the Spambot Registration Act thread, in which case it was a brilliant idea
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

ruotwocone wrote:where was the "not really" invisitext after your only kidding comment? I thought you were better than that.
It wasn't worth a lengthy ramble, so I opted not to.

Laneth

Post by Laneth »

Edminster wrote:I would definitely say to read through the rules first, then the introduction, followed by every single entry thread written so far, ending with the rest of the Forum. That last bit is not strictly necessary, but it is a good* idea.

*for values of 'good' that include 'utter waste of time'**
**unless you find me the Spambot Registration Act thread, in which case it was a brilliant idea

I shall indeed read the Introduction properly, and possibly make myself a printed handbook for easy reference.
I'll also read the rules first, then follow with some of the "already written" posts.

I question the fact that SMB City has been written out of turn though, since we're on "A"

Does an author request a certain topic to write? Or is that a n00b question that's answered in the rules...sorry, I'm at work and don't have time to read more now...
Laneth Sffarlenn

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

Answered your questions in the Lexicon! topic, as I'm trying to keep it from infecting the entire forum.

Also! If you're new here and are actually a spambot, please be advised that you must fill out the Spambot Enrollment Form or face deletion.

gödel stop spreading fud

Laneth

Post by Laneth »

Spambots are able to have conversations like this?

If so, I hereby duly state that I am not, nor have I ever been to the best of my knowledge, a "Spambot" or any other type of semi-mechanic entity.
Laneth Sffarlenn

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

Yeah, we've always had spambots that can pass basic turing tests. Unfortunately, they almost never pass the Advanced Turing Test which primarily consists of not posting spam.

We did have one spambot who almost fooled us, but his programming caused him to finally disgorge his Low-Priced Travel message at us before disappearing. Anybody else remember that?

gödel stop spreading fud