New People

I AM NOT KIDDING YOU WILL BE BANNED

Moderator: GreenCrayon

Felstaff
XKCD spy

Re: New People

Post by Felstaff »

You're all correct - not only is Brighton (UK) identical to Brighton (AUS) and Brighton Beach (USA) geographically, topologically and meteorologically, it also contains the same density of Russian mobsters.

I also physically burned my tongue on a chilli in one of Jamie Oliver's restaurants there. There was a chilli-shaped burn mark on my tongue!
255 characters of free advertising space? I'm selling these line feather jackets...

bravura

Post by bravura »

:-)

I've tried the Melbourne Brighton as well. Pale in comparison to the original.

Haven't seen many mobsters, but I pay my protection money promptly each month, so I wouldn't, would I?
Vah! Denuone latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

Ahh, Russian mobsters. Not to be confused with Russian lobsters, which start with an 'l' instead of an 'm'.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

Sahan wrote:Ahh, Russian mobsters. Not to be confused with Russian lobsters, which start with an 'l' instead of an 'm'.
It's a very important distinction that's easy to miss.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

bravura wrote:It's supposed to translate to "Oh! Was I speaking Latin again? I'm sorry, it just sort of slips out sometimes." Or something like that. Not that I'm an expert on such matters. Hi.

Did you find Brighton to your liking?
It was alright. Some teacher yelled at me for coming back too late to the bus. Even though they had not set a time for coming back to the bus.
Microaggression? Microaggression!

Dranton

Presentation

Post by Dranton »

Greetings, I am Dranton, I have been reading SMBC every day from quite a while, and recently started looking for other stuff that Zach Weiner does (As the Bahfest), and I am more than amazed. Now I see him as some sort of god-like creature. And well, I was searching for a particular comic regarding politics and this forum seemed a good place to do that, and to waste some of my time.

But now to the actual presentation... What am I? Human being, born in the southern country of Argentina 23 years ago, history student and frustrated communist (from the ortodox trotskyist branch), and I shall be marauding in the books and games section. Perhaps in Philosofy, but not in Science.

I ask forgiveness in advance for any mistake in my writting, but english is my second language and I have the corrector set in spanish, so it won't tell me when I am wrong. Yeah, and I am too lazy to change it. Perhaps later.

Not much else to tell, I suppose.

And I salute you all, good people that also read SMBC.

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

Our* fear of being infiltrated by Argentina communist spies has come to pass. We must implement plan code name Charlie Hotel Alpha, protocol X3.**

*or possibly just mine.
**I know it is Cuban.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

Dranton

Post by Dranton »

Hahaha not much of a threat I am. It only served me to prove my knowledge in any debate about communism (with quotes!)

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

¡Beinvenido al foro Dranton!
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

Dranton wrote:Hahaha not much of a threat I am. It only served me to prove my knowledge in any debate about communism (with quotes!)
I was just joking. I'm theoretically pro-communism, but I don't think it is functional in the current setting. I'm not going to argue about it because a lot of it is stuff that is difficult to definitively debate since there is no way to actually set up an experiment of any worthwhile sort.*
DonRestrado wrote:¡Beinvenido al foro Dranton!
oooh, Spanish I actually understood, although I had to infer what 'foro' meant from the context.

*For instance, I don't think communism is functional in a scarcity based system given social current attitudes, but you could of course make the argument that the idea of scarcity and those social attitudes are merely an illusion promoted by capitalistic ideology.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

Dranton

Post by Dranton »

Kaharz wrote:
Dranton wrote:Hahaha not much of a threat I am. It only served me to prove my knowledge in any debate about communism (with quotes!)
I was just joking. I'm theoretically pro-communism, but I don't think it is functional in the current setting. I'm not going to argue about it because a lot of it is stuff that is difficult to definitively debate since there is no way to actually set up an experiment of any worthwhile sort.*

*For instance, I don't think communism is functional in a scarcity based system given social current attitudes, but you could of course make the argument that the idea of scarcity and those social attitudes are merely an illusion promoted by capitalistic ideology.
Haha I understood the joke, including the part where now Cuba is U.S.A. friendly... Yay! The good ol' Castro got their place as capitalists, as they've always dream of.

And scarcity system? That's the first time I hear of something like that... I thought this was the first system that got over-abundancy crisis...

But anyway, as I say, I am frustrated with it, and I only debate for sport. Usually I await to be called three times before getting into one.
DonRetrasado wrote:¡Beinvenido al foro Dranton!
Thanks!!

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Re: Presentation

Post by Astrogirl »

Dranton wrote:Human being, born in the southern country of Argentina 23 years ago, history student and frustrated communist (from the ortodox trotskyist branch), and I shall be marauding in the books and games section.
Welcome new person. We shall subdue the evil capitalists in this forum together and convert it to communism.
I ask forgiveness in advance for any mistake in my writting, but english is my second language and I have the corrector set in spanish, so it won't tell me when I am wrong. Yeah, and I am too lazy to change it.
Both Firefox and Chrome permit switching the language easily (Fx: rightclick -> language; Chrome: rightclick: spell check options).
Microaggression? Microaggression!

Dranton

Re: Presentation

Post by Dranton »

Astrogirl wrote:
Dranton wrote:Human being, born in the southern country of Argentina 23 years ago, history student and frustrated communist (from the ortodox trotskyist branch), and I shall be marauding in the books and games section.
Welcome new person. We shall subdue the evil capitalists in this forum together and convert it to communism.
But only after hunting down even more evil Stalinism!

Astrogirl wrote:
Dranton wrote:I ask forgiveness in advance for any mistake in my writting, but english is my second language and I have the corrector set in spanish, so it won't tell me when I am wrong. Yeah, and I am too lazy to change it.
Both Firefox and Chrome permit switching the language easily (Fx: rightclick -> language; Chrome: rightclick: spell check options).
Ohhhh, it worked. Thanks! One great victory over capitalism!

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Your IP addresses have been recorded. Thanks for posting on the SENATOR MCCARTHY BOARD FOR CAPITALISM
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

It's amazing how many communists we've caught by pretending to be a webcomics forum.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?