The Rules of the Forum

I AM NOT KIDDING YOU WILL BE BANNED

Moderator: GreenCrayon

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Re: The Rules of the Forum

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

I think it's funny as shit when I get banned for frivolous reasons
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

it better be a joke, or someone is getting such an aggressive and frivolous banning
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

I was hoping the ban would be the joke
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Astrogirl wrote:Have you ever noticed that people who get power on the internet, typically in the form of mod or admin powers in forums, sometimes chats, or worst in games as multihunter or the like, tend to get more and more aggressive over time?
ChooChooTrain, circa 2009 wrote:Actually, I've reached a decision. I'm done with this place for good. Call it a tantrum if you want. I like a lot about this forum, especially the size and most of you people, however this forum is just too poorly modded. There are more forums than there are posts. Mods edit peoples' posts without hesitation, for stupid things like grammar or, even worse, to change the content. Certain topics (religion) are off limits. I say I don't like my title, and instead of a change, I'm argued with. Having to deal with this shit is just too much. Moderators should let a forum go naturally, only wielding their authority to prevent trolling and to keep things running smoothly. Instead, Mage and Ed take every opportunity they get to brandish their mod sticks. Well done, you ruined a good thing.
Seems pretty stable to me!
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

I honestly think we're a little too generous most of the time. I almost never ban people and Ed usually reserves it for genuinely problematic people (ex. Roman Cilicia). I think we could ban more people but I'm usually lenient because there are not a ton of posts anyway so I feel like we can let a lot slide. I'm not saying that I actually want to ban more people but I think it's a stretch to say that we're abusing our power, never mind the fact that moderating a small forum with less than 20 regulars is not exactly what I'd call "power".

also, notice that no one who got banned gives a shit but you do
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

sotic
[Insert Here]

Post by sotic »

I used to get upset over unjust bans, but now I like to think of them as a sort of weather condition. It'll happen no matter how much I pray to Zeus and sooner or later my house is going to get struck by lightning.

e: I know houses don't get struck by lightning. Deal with it.

(USER WAS STRUCK BY LIGHTNING FOR THIS POST)
Wind catches lily / Scatt'ring petals to the wind: / Segmentation fault

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

WHO'S YOUR LIGHTNING GOD NOW AHAHAHAHAHA

e:
DonRetrasado wrote:also, notice that no one who got banned gives a shit but you do
This, I think, is the crux of it. We all went into it eyes open and fully aware of the consequences of an absurd derail over privilege in a thread about the atmospheric conditions in your corner of the world. If the probations had happened during a thread expressly created for exploring the concept and consequences of oppression then there would be cause for complaint but as it stands there is absolutely no reason to be so irrationally upset over something that does not matter.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

sotic
[Insert Here]

Post by sotic »

Zeus noooooooooo :(
Wind catches lily / Scatt'ring petals to the wind: / Segmentation fault

Dindong
[Insert Here]

Post by Dindong »

Ed thinks she is acting irrationally because she is a woman.

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

Edminster wrote:This, I think, is the crux of it. We all went into it eyes open and fully aware of the consequences of an absurd derail over privilege in a thread about the atmospheric conditions in your corner of the world. If the probations had happened during a thread expressly created for exploring the concept and consequences of oppression then there would be cause for complaint but as it stands there is absolutely no reason to be so irrationally upset over something that does not matter.
If it had been just this thread. But it's not. It has been not even possible to post in the top trumps thread recently because you threatened to ban (probate) people. Given the last months there was no way to know how serious or not it was.

Look at the thread with the ban times. Always getting higher and higher. That's what I mean.
Microaggression? Microaggression!

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Actually no one was posting in UTT because I forgot it was my turn.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Astrogirl wrote:
Edminster wrote:This, I think, is the crux of it. We all went into it eyes open and fully aware of the consequences of an absurd derail over privilege in a thread about the atmospheric conditions in your corner of the world. If the probations had happened during a thread expressly created for exploring the concept and consequences of oppression then there would be cause for complaint but as it stands there is absolutely no reason to be so irrationally upset over something that does not matter.
If it had been just this thread. But it's not. It has been not even possible to post in the top trumps thread recently because you threatened to ban (probate) people. Given the last months there was no way to know how serious or not it was.

Look at the thread with the ban times. Always getting higher and higher. That's what I mean.
I'm not really sure what your motivation is here.
You hold up this 'injustice'. People simply don't agree. You've done this multiple times.
I just don't understand what your goal is.

Dindong
[Insert Here]

Post by Dindong »

Occupy the forum

ahahahaha topical humour it's funny because you can just put the word occupy in front of the place and suddenly "that's-a funny!"

Very funny humour is using the word occupy. Maybe you were fighting with your partner, OccupyKitchen, hahah very funny lotta laughs

Omega

Post by Omega »

Is the PG-13 rule here serious? Cuz we've all seen plenty of R-rated SMBCs, and I've seen plenty of R-or-worse-rated reactions to SMBCs in these forums.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Omega wrote:Is the PG-13 rule here serious? Cuz we've all seen plenty of R-rated SMBCs, and I've seen plenty of R-or-worse-rated reactions to SMBCs in these forums.
The rule says "Keep it PG-13, Fuckers".

So it's safe to say it's a guideline at best. Just don't go overboard.

EDIT: hahaha we still have the "Do not bypass a mod" rule