My webcomic!

For original creative work. For the love of Zach, read Rule 30.

Moderator: Kimra

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Re: My webcomic!

Post by Edminster »

I know you have a name, and it was careless editing on my part. It originally read 'A follower of Islam and an Atheist walk into a bar', but that didn't work right. Also, I wasn't certain if Ahmet is actually Muslim, so I changed it. I just forgot to change your moniker from 'Atheist' to 'Whiny Crybaby'*. My bad.

*I kinda figured you were joking. I'm just a vindictive (I am ignorant and should be dragged into the street and shot in the mouth.). As an interesting aside, it turns out that the shortened form of '(I am ignorant and should be dragged into the street and shot in the mouth.)' is '(I am ignorant and should be dragged into the street and shot in the mouth.)' on this forum.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Yeah, Zach is cool like that.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

All I can say is, I am glad that I hit 'preview' on all of my posts.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

You'd also be suprised to know that (I am ignorant and should be dragged into the street and shot in the mouth.) is a unit of measurement for a bundle of sticks and also a type of meatball.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/(I am ignorant and should be dragged into the street and shot in the mouth.)
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

I knew about the metallurgy term and the wood term, but the meatball surprised me.

gödel stop spreading fud

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

And the shortened version is a cigarette!
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Don't worry, I am a muslim. I've gone through the public harrassment by "Patriotic Americans" long enough to understand.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Those kind of folks give patriotism a bad name.

davoid

Post by davoid »

... :|

I leave for two days and look what happens... :shock:

Anybody actually read my comic? :D
All the cool kids are reading http://www.hitmanpiranha.com and http://www.ss-comic.com!

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

What's your update schedule, by the way? Also, your comic for yesterday felt... pedestrian. Be more specific when you say that aliens are invading. Which aliens are invading how? You've got to be disturbingly specific with that kind of humour. For example, this one had me in stitches.

gödel stop spreading fud

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Edminster wrote:What's your update schedule, by the way? Also, your comic for yesterday felt... pedestrian. Be more specific when you say that aliens are invading. Which aliens are invading how? You've got to be disturbingly specific with that kind of humour. For example, this one had me in stitches.
I agree with this. perhaps you favor the six panel format for that? Perhaps a four panel comic would have been better. The placement would have been better. It might have been nice if you drew something like him waiting at home by the phone, his arm holding up his head, resting against his cheek, with the words in a big ol box. I understand if you couldn't, but the copy and paste thing is a very bad visual.

One blank panel allows the words in the previous panel to sink in more, because it's the same image and the words carry over to the picture. It makes it seem as if a person is attempting to take in the info, such as if your wife told you she was a man during your wedding instead of saying her vows. If you felt really dedicated to the six panels and the blank, you should have said something strange, put a blank, then say another thing strange, then another blank or the final statement that you are waiting for the call. If you put the blank the second time, then you'd need a new drawing.

Yeah. I'm also interested in how you make your comics. Do you draw and scan it in, then shade in paint, shade in photoshop, or did you jump for broke and get a tablet?
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

You know, I didn't notice the copypasta? To be fair, he did vary the facial expressions in each panel. To me, the extra panels provide more time to sink in, since I look for the differences. I may be reading far too much into the comic, but I can almost see his thought process in the two 'blank' panels. And that just makes the pathetic attempt at a smile in the final panel so much more poignant, in my opinion.

I guess what I'm trying to say is OMG 6 PANLE WERKS BETAR, in addition to YR 4 PANLE IDDEA SUXX0RS!!1

As for the rest of it, I am interested in your process, as well. Are you compressing the filesize as much as possible in order to save bandwidth? I ask because I'm seeing a large number of artifacts in the images. Of course, if you're using MSPaint that would explain it.

gödel stop spreading fud

davoid

Post by davoid »

Actually, I draw the comics using a ballpoint pen, scan it into a computer, open the file with photoshop, and then apply the "photocopy" filter to the sketch. That's what gives the MSPaint feel to the outlines. From there I just use the "paint can fill" tool to color it in.

I used to save them as jpegs, which is why you're seeing the artifacts in the older ones. Just recently I realized that I could save them as PNG's, so I've been doing that with the latest ones for better quality.

Oh, and Edminster, to answer your previous question I update Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
All the cool kids are reading http://www.hitmanpiranha.com and http://www.ss-comic.com!

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

Oh! I actually didn't notice the lack of artifacts in the later comics. I guess I was focussing on the navigation buttons?

gödel stop spreading fud

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

For those of you who haven't been caring, davoid has updated his site with a fiction section and one for his paintings. He's also made new navigation buttons that have 100% fewer compression errors, although they are only such until you hit the Valentine's day comic...

While I readily admit that it's not as good as SMBC (sorry davoid, but it's true), the comic does give me a chuckle or two when I browse through it, and I want to help out an aspiring artist get more eyes on his comic.

gödel stop spreading fud