Making quake look good

For original creative work. For the love of Zach, read Rule 30.

Moderator: Kimra

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Making quake look good

Post by HARDKORE »

BEFORE

AFTER

Its not the best in the world. I done the best with what i had. You all know drawing and art. Let me know how i done and how i can improve. If you got some tips on making pictures fit togeather seemless then let me know.

Simon.
Simon.

Post by Simon. »

I have a great idea on how to get a better looking game. Pay other people to make a game far prettier and better than you ever could.
Last edited by Simon. on Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not a big fan of signatures.

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Post by HARDKORE »

Why would i want to pay someone else. I could but then people would have to go out and buy the new game. I take if you8 know nothing about art then simon.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

HARDKORE wrote: I take if you8 know nothing about art then simon.
Says the guy posting screenshots from a computer game designed by someone else.

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Post by HARDKORE »

I will be the first to admit i cant draw but that dont bother me.

Simon.
Simon.

Post by Simon. »

HARDKORE wrote:I take if you8 know nothing about art then simon.
I like to think I know about how to DO art, anything about art history is beyond me in the way that eating my own shit is. I'm sure technically it's not too hard, but there is no way I'm going near it. Art history is for historians, scribes, and faggywanks who can't read the word physics. We all know how useless art degrees are, so I'll leave that tangent alone.

Back to your actual artwork there, I have to say I'm not a big fan, isn't quake supposed to be a bit grubby? You're trying to give it a TF2 cartoon feel, when from what I gathered, it wasn't that kind of a game. Certainly not by the unchanged visuals. It should have that sense of dirt about it, clean walls and floors and big green faces on walls just do not belong. Particularly the big green faces. I don't get that at all. But just to reiterate, I think you'd be best leaving the game alone, and completely upgrading, I'm sure it was a great game in it's time. Now let it die.

Oh and just a side note to be snarky, changing skins to things you found anywhere on the internet is hardly art. If you made new character models as well as new wallpaper, which would easily just be downloadable. Then I would be more impressed.
Not a big fan of signatures.

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Post by HARDKORE »

I see where your coming from. TF isnt gonna die for a while. There is an adnverage of 2 new players a month. I will eventully get TF2 but i will need to learn the ins and outs of vista first.

The skin was not art. The cannon was the art. Stallion made that. I wish i could have.

I remember studing egypt around 10 years ago. It was not in great. Scribes and hiroglyphics along with tut and carter is all i remember.

Is there a game you play online?

Ill do some more work and get back to you on a natural feel.