The Man Who Lived to Be Three Thousand Years of Age

For original creative work. For the love of Zach, read Rule 30.

Moderator: Kimra

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

The Man Who Lived to Be Three Thousand Years of Age

Post by LordRetard »

The man who lived to be three thousand years of age without dying, as he explained it, in one instant he had become 3000 years older, which he would never reveal the meaning of. He appeared the same as before, except that he would disintegrate to the touch, and expended great effort to catch light breezes that would toss him like an autumn leaf so that his feet would not touch the ground and cause him to crumble. One summer day he floated from his home only to be vaporised by the noon sun into hot air.

ON A SLIGHTLY UNRELATED TOPIC, what is this forum for? Is this the appropriate venue to post my short stories? I'll note that I think most of them are too long; the last thing I finished was almost 5000 words (I can't believe I finished it at the end of December; that was way too long ago).

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Re: The Man Who Lived to Be Three Thousand Years of Age

Post by Edminster »

You've found the right spot to post stuff like that, it's just that nobody really does. Go ahead and post your gigantic 'short' stories, just don't expect people to read them immediately.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

Cool, I take my writing very seriously, it's just that I don't normally take the time to work and I'm not good at finding people to critique it. I'll post something up eventually, once I actually have something recent.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

If it is that long, I'd probably link it rather than post it. It is much more difficult to read it in a post because it often doesn't format it correctly.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Do you read XKCD? Because I think there was a similar comic to your story. Although it was more lovey then creative like yours.
Could use some expanding.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

It sounds like a similar style but I can't remember anything similar.
I write a lot of short vignettes when I'm not writing stories, because I think "that sounds pretty cool but I couldn't fill anything more with it." I just liked the sound of it, mostly, there's nothing to it, no room for expansion.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Eh, in that case, I'd like to see more of your stuff. Some ideas are one shot, others become epic. I won't judge your creative effort when it's already this good.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.