An Assortment of My Works, Then.

For original creative work. For the love of Zach, read Rule 30.

Moderator: Kimra

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

An Assortment of My Works, Then.

Post by FengharTheNord »

I figured it might be inappropriate to create a whole new thread for my other stuff when it could just as easily go into here, as this thread is still "fresh".

A Meldoan- WatermelonDogMan.

A Meldoan that is almost ready for harvest

Part of a cruddy comic I did that was on paper. Normally I draw my comics in the MS Paint.

A sample of my comic that I do in MS Paint. Oh and, fun little trivia fact, I drew a cross for every single one of the "main" 13 apostles of Jesus and tagged them all in facebook. The inverted cross is Judas.

I went crazy on a vacation in Texas and drew a whole bunch of nonsense.

I consider this one to go along with the previous. I have a crazy explanation for how they tie in together but its crazy and better left in my head.

Titled: "Naughty"

Titled: "Shy Egg Baby"

Titled: "This is what art is supposed to look like I guess..."

I like tying nonsensical things together. I started out drawing a sewage grate with some plates in it, because I was practicing drawing from pictures, but then I was like "SCREW IT" and started drawing a bandaged bear and a hammer heart.

A brief foray into painting, I tried to draw a woman and screwed up, instead I started drawing a flower. Then I was like, "this is boring", and drew the flower killing the gnome.

Finally, the most complete, and also my most favorite(probably because its so simple and I can't find a lot to hate about it) work saved for last.

Titled: "YAY I GOT A LADYBUG"

Anyways, I draw most of my inspiration from Zdizlaw Beksinski and Salvador Dali and the Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark illustrations.

Dali gave me my fascination with the large planar landscapes and heavy symbolism(at least apparent symbolism, I couldn't really tell too much what they mean"
Beksinski gave me my fascination with post apocalyptic themes and crosses
The Illustrations gave me my obsession with drawing scratchy little wrinkles and stuff on pretty much everything and everyone.
Last edited by FengharTheNord on Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
DonRetrasado wrote:Well you'd need a sock as big as an airplane to hide my penis. An airplane the size of the universe.
Wait I live in a universe.
bow chicka bow wow

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Re: A Man That is Also a Watermelon.

Post by LordRetard »

This is all extremely terrifying.

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Post by FengharTheNord »

That is the usual reaction.
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
DonRetrasado wrote:Well you'd need a sock as big as an airplane to hide my penis. An airplane the size of the universe.
bow chicka bow wow

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

It seems kindasorta reminiscent of the stuff Stephen Gammell drew for the 'Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark'. Except not nearly as disconcerting.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Post by FengharTheNord »

OH man I love those pictures. I draw a lot from him but I've never achieved that amazing scratchy/drippiness that he has in those.
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
bow chicka bow wow

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

You may or may not be a better artist than I am. I attempt to draw everything freehand and without references, as to hone my eye hand coordination, but that sucks. You need to be really good at drawing to pull it off. Essentially, I am trying to push myself into finding a groove.

You might be better than me, if I put some effort into producing something. However, that would be scary, so instead I'll never put effort into it and you'll never beat me!
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

If he had physical references for the things that he has shown us, I am never ever visiting anywhere near where he lives.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

I meant more to the second picture. Ah, yes.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

Again, if he had referents for that, he lives in some strange world that I want no part of.

gödel stop spreading fud

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

'xcept under acid. I'd love a trip like that one.
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

I'd love a trip where I walk into a desert, get ambushed by giant insects, and then run through the forest talking to myself, afraid that all of my thoughts are preprogrammed.

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

That isn't reality in the ROC? Have i been lied to?
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Post by FengharTheNord »

Ahmet, I do the exact same thing. I only use references for things that are really hard to draw uncartoonishly* from the mind, like crabs, and for when I can't remember exactly how things look, like badgers. For instance, I needed references from a crab picture, a badger, and Ireland when producing this picture:

I don't consider myself a good artist, by any means. I have no knowledge of the technical aspects like shaping things out or even shading. But I am trying my darndest to get better and better and I believe I have grown quite a bit in even the past year.

*I could only think of pokemanz when trying to draw the crab part
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
bow chicka bow wow

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

FengharTheNord wrote:*I could only think of pokemanz when trying to draw the crab part
You are not alone, friend. Are you drawing this and scanning at home/dorm/prison right now? I use my college's scanner. And I have to convert everything out of PDF, and it becomes a hassle.

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Post by FengharTheNord »

Yerp, scanned at home!

That must be incredibly frustrating to convert out of PDF.

OhgodIcannotwaittogetatabletformybirfday.
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
bow chicka bow wow