Night Time Activities

For original creative work. For the love of Zach, read Rule 30.

Moderator: Kimra

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Re: Night Time Activities

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I think my parents are giving me a camera (one of their older, unused digital cameras)*. And I plan on starting to do some sort of morning exercise regiment soon. I will post me some pictures when the mood fits.

*Mine has been a bucket of frustration. Get a set of good batteries, and I'm lucky to be able to snap 5 pictures before it dies. Get some cheap ones, like I have now, and it tells me the batteries are low as soon as I put them in.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

I've given up on owning either a photographing or digital camera. Family keeps wanting to use em and messing them up.
Otherwise I'd do stuff.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

Khazd
Triscuit Ninja

Post by Khazd »

LordRetard wrote:
Khazd wrote:You should do like I did and paint swords on a bunch of disabled signs around Toronto in hopes that LR would happen to run into one of them and have some kind of mind-crisis-thingie... But not exactly that because I already did that and you don't live in or around Toronto. But something along those lines.
Toronto's a big city, it might be a while before I see that. Want to give me a hint and tell me the neighbourhood?
Wow, umm, let me see... I did it in a couple of places.. I have pictures on my phone but have lost my usb cable for it. I did it to a couple over by north york hospital, one or two downtown on york street (I think) while I was lost and another somewhere that I have no idea of it's location as I was extremely lost at the time and bored. I will post the pics as soon as I find the cable so you guys can see 'em too!*

*being self-employed and in possession of white reflective plastic tape, this was bound to happen sooner or later.
..-. ..- -.-. -.- / -.-- --- ..-

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

Hey, mine's doing that, too.
What model camera is it?
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Craptastic, discount brand.
Digitrex, actually.

Khazd
Triscuit Ninja

Post by Khazd »

Never buy a camera that uses AA batteries. Spend the couple of extra bucks and get one that has rechargeable lithium ion batteries included. Mine re-charges while plugged into my USB. I spent the cost of my new camera twice over in AA batteries before I bought a new one.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Khazd wrote:Never buy a camera that uses AA batteries. Spend the couple of extra bucks and get one that has rechargeable lithium ion batteries included. Mine re-charges while plugged into my USB. I spent the cost of my new camera twice over in AA batteries before I bought a new one.
I just wanted one, and asked for one for Christmas or my birthday or sommat. I'm hardly professional about it, I just wanted one to be able to take quick pictures if the mood beset me. I'm not sure what the one I'll be getting is. Though I'm going to be inundated with new electronic equipment in the next couple of weeks. New computer and used camera on Saturday, and then in a week or so, I'm joining the yuppie elite and buying an iPod.

Khazd
Triscuit Ninja

Post by Khazd »

Mine was fairly cheap.. 130 bucks or so about 10 months ago. HP 7Mp photosmart. Have not had any complaints so far. Also.. an Ipod?? Why man? Have you not heard of the doom seed?

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

What, should I buy a Zune instead? Phhhh...
I have considered it.
Anything has a possibility of failure, and while it hurts to spend that much money on it, I don't currently have anything that I can use to travel my music. And I'm past the point where I just want to buy a cheapish one because I hate having to move music on and off because I have different tastes from day to day. So I want something to contain my entire playlist.
And with some friends who really like my taste in music, but have never heard of some of the bands I listen to, it will be nice for spreading that around, too, without having to bring an armload of CDs. And me and my sister trade music regularly, so it will be better for that, too.
Most of the failures I know that people have had have been with their old iPods, after having them for 4 years or more. And I'm getting a standard iPod, so that should help.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I've used both Zunes and iPods, and while the interface of the Zune looks nicer, I still prefer the iPod.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Post by FengharTheNord »

Maybe it's just a local thing, but, my mom(who works in the geek squad at best buy), says Zunes have a higher failure rate than iPods. Plus my brother has personally gone through, like, 3.
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
DonRetrasado wrote:Well you'd need a sock as big as an airplane to hide my penis. An airplane the size of the universe.
Wait I live in a universe.
bow chicka bow wow

Snarky00
/shrug

Post by Snarky00 »

I used to have a first generation ipod mini 4gb. It was decent and easy enough to use. It got crushed in my pocket one day. I just recently went out and got a newish zune mini 8gb and it works great. I like the control scheme a little better but its honestly not different enough to justify the silly zune vs ipod arguments I see popping up from time to time. Actually I used to have a cheapo 16mb river or whatever back before ipods came out and when no one knew what an mp3 was, couldn't even hold a single full cd on that thing.

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

I have a 1gb iPod Shuffle. How am I going to listen to more music than that in the hour it takes to get to work? I don't even care that it has an awful user interface.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I have a 5th generation black 30 gig iPod Video. Right now, I'm hoping to get a 6th generation 120 gig because I'm currently at around 80 gigs of music.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Snarky00
/shrug

Post by Snarky00 »

Yeah, honestly I don't listen to 90% of the music on my 8gig zune. It's just deadspace to scroll through to get to the good stuff.