Something Completely Different

For original creative work. For the love of Zach, read Rule 30.

Moderator: Kimra

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Re: Something Completely Different

Post by LordRetard »

Go ahead, and while you have let your guard down I will become the most mature!

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

I'm not a boy, I never had boy teenage angst. Reading about it I just wanted to hit him and tell him to get over himself.

The third book was the book where she learnt how to write. Then she forgot. I'm not sure why, perhaps the money? I'd forget how to write if I was being paid that much to forget.
King Prawn

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

LordRetard wrote:It could still be canon! They just have to dig Snape up!
Or you just have to have Rowling give it a nod. I mean, she made Dumbledor gay after all the books had been released. She could just say that at one point such a threesome happened.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

What? It's not even in the books? She sucks for lacking gumption. But ohh look at her, she put one minor black kid in the story (or the movie made one of them black), an asian girlfriend (for a day) and an old dead man was gay. Woop di do. If she'd made Ron gay (which really...) I'd be far more impressed.
King Prawn

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Kimra wrote:What? It's not even in the books? She sucks for lacking gumption. But ohh look at her, she put one minor black kid in the story (or the movie made one of them black), an asian girlfriend (for a day) and an old dead man was gay. Woop di do. If she'd made Ron gay (which really...) I'd be far more impressed.
Honestly, it made me kind of angry. I don't care about the books or the movies. I saw the first movie and was bored. I picked up one of the books, opened to a random page and read for a bit (I was bored) and wasn't impressed.
But the fact that she goes back to a series she has already decided is done, and adds stuff without writing about it? That's just dirty pool. I think I've gone on a tangent about this elsewhere on the board though.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

King Prawn

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Kimra wrote:What? It's not even in the books? She sucks for lacking gumption. But ohh look at her, she put one minor black kid in the story (or the movie made one of them black), an asian girlfriend (for a day) and an old dead man was gay. Woop di do. If she'd made Ron gay (which really...) I'd be far more impressed.
Agreed. I would have been far more impressed if the fact that Dumbledore was gay was mentioned or even hinted at at some point in the books. To just mention it after the fact seems far too easy.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Tundra

Post by Tundra »

AHMETxRock wrote:If you have figurines of the cast, we can act out fanfiction!
Hell yeah!
Yeah, you know you want to talk about creativity. http://www.notebookinhand.com The interpretation of 'creativity' is up to you!

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

Just going to weigh in with my "I agree!" What she did really wasn't impressive at all. In fact it's kind of silly. For all it matters she could've just announced "well, I've always thought Dumbledore was kind of straight..." Doesn't change a thing. No where in the books is a subtext about Dumbledore's sexuality present.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

One day I'm going to write a book, it's going to be about a housewife who cooks pancakes but dreams of being a tiger trainer. And after it becomes a world famous novel I'm going to say to everyone "oh yeah, she's had a sex change." Only then will I feel I have achieved anything in life.
King Prawn

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Kimra wrote:One day I'm going to write a book, it's going to be about a housewife who cooks pancakes but dreams of being a tiger trainer. And after it becomes a world famous novel I'm going to say to everyone "oh yeah, she's had a sex change." Only then will I feel I have achieved anything in life.
See, the problem there is that you've already decided what the post-published twist is. You might accidentally slip in minor hints. You just need to invent the surprise afterwards.

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

You should have an editor scour through your text for any signs of a slip-up, and maybe even indicate some places where you might want to talk about her fertility and healthy children. Then kill the editor.

Rainbow
*~t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m~*

Post by Rainbow »

Eh, there are totally hints that Dumbles is gay, though.
AHMETxROCK wrote:This is not quoteworthy.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Yes. He didn't want to fight his childhood friend that became the second most famous dark wizard, aside from Voldemort, not because of the friendship, but because the two secretly were having gay sex.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

AHMETxRock wrote:Yes. He didn't want to fight his childhood friend that became the second most famous dark wizard, aside from Voldemort, not because of the friendship, but because the two secretly were having gay sex.
Ah, everyone knows a good fight leads to awesome sex, so this is a useless example.

Also I was going to write the woman as a healthy fertile child bearing woman, and then throw the twist in later. I'm cool I can totally cover my own tracks. I'd be an awesome assassin.
King Prawn