[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
SMBC Comics Forum • View topic - Tee Hee, Poetry!

Tee Hee, Poetry!

For original creative work. For the love of Zach, read Rule 30.

Moderator: Kimra

Pyramid Building: Super-Gay, or Ruggedly Heterosexual?

Super-gay aliens build them the best
38%
Ruggedly Heterosexual slaves are where it's at
38%
Retarded farmers named Ed really need to stop editing this damn poll
25%

Total votes : 24

Re: Tee Hee, Poetry!

Postby LordRetard » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:48 am

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Postby Oldrac the Chitinous » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:57 am

Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.
Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Postby Euclidthegreek » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:33 am

I like it.
Euclidthegreek
Fisty McGee

Postby LordRetard » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:33 am

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Postby Kimra » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:31 pm

I'm trying to read Canterbury Tales. Except, I can't read poetry properly. Damn you poetry!
King Prawn
Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Postby smiley_cow » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:54 pm

You know, when I think about things that make the Canterbury Tales a bit of a difficult read, the poetry part of it really isn't what comes to mind. They're pretty good though, it's too bad he never finished it.
smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Postby AHMETxRock » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:23 pm

On account of his dying and all.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.
AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Postby Edminster » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:33 pm

That didn't stop Tupac.
Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Postby Kimra » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:27 pm

It's... it's not finished? Wow... now I have no desire to read it at all.

But yeah, my biggest problem is that in my head I read each line with rising intonation (or something like that). Then realise that the sentence continues for another ten lines and I'm just not reading it right. It was really really getting tiresome to have to re-read each sentence, force myself to ignore the typical signifiers of new sentences (new line, new capital letter etc), and read it properly.

I gave up.

I'll try again soon, because I've now paid for it and I'm curious. But it is proving difficult.
King Prawn
Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Postby LordRetard » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:21 pm

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Postby Edminster » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:28 pm

honestly we could play the fix kimra's posts game until the cows come home but at this point it's getting a bit distracting so kimra maybe you should stop doing everything phonetically?
Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Postby Kimra » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:09 am

This is just making me sad. :(
King Prawn
Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Postby LordRetard » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:43 am

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Postby Apocalyptus » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:05 am

I like it, it conjures up some good images, especially the 'blood in oil' line.
Although I have to say the name Winnie is just reminding me of Winnie the Pooh.
Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Postby LordRetard » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:08 am

It's actually Winifred Mandela, and she is a fucking monster.
LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

PreviousNext

Return to Writing and Art