Pictures what I drew

For original creative work. For the love of Zach, read Rule 30.

Moderator: Kimra

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Re: Pictures what I drew

Post by Apocalyptus »

Nice and creepy. I like it.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

I don't find it creepy, but I might just be jaded. It is a lovely picture, though. Was it difficult to make?
The dead tree at the back reminds me of branched coral, only giant. I like that for some reason.
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

smiley_cow wrote:Image

Because Halloween is coming, I digital painted a bride ghost. I really need to paint more often.
I like it, though I have a minor critique. The gravestone behind the bride looks kind of ghostish too, and while I did see the bride, it looked like there was more than one ghost. Which was quickly remedied by your description.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Apocalyptus wrote:Nice and creepy. I like it.
Thanks.
GUTCHUCKER wrote:I don't find it creepy, but I might just be jaded. It is a lovely picture, though. Was it difficult to make?
The dead tree at the back reminds me of branched coral, only giant. I like that for some reason.
I'm glad. I like coral too.

I really have no idea how to answer your question, sorry. I mean, it was challenging, but that's the point. If almost everything I drew wasn't challenging I wouldn't improve. But I don't really look at things as challenging or not, just, can I draw this or not. And looking at the finished product and saying what's good about it, and what needs to be better.
Lethal Interjection wrote: I like it, though I have a minor critique. The gravestone behind the bride looks kind of ghostish too, and while I did see the bride, it looked like there was more than one ghost. Which was quickly remedied by your description.
Yeah, that's fair, I was actually thinking that the way I drew the ghost would have looked a lot better with a more heavily rendered background too. At least it would have been a lot clearer, which is important. So that's something I'll have to try in the near future. Though I'm glad the bride was clear, because I was worried about that. Especially with the bow, and the fact she was mostly silhouette, I was worried she might look too much like a blob. Thanks or the feedback. Critiques are always appreciated.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

Yeah, the figure of the ghost bride is quite distinguishable. The ghost is really well done, and I agree it would have looked amazing if the background was more detailed to make the ghostly nature more apparent. Really cool!
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Sahan wrote:Yeah, the figure of the ghost bride is quite distinguishable. The ghost is really well done, and I agree it would have looked amazing if the background was more detailed to make the ghostly nature more apparent. Really cool!
Good to hear. Thanks! (sorry, I forgot to respond at the time :oops:)

I drew a witch. An experiment with a different style of drawing than I'm used to, but I like how it came out.

DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

I liked it! But you knew that.
King Prawn

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Indeed, but always appreciated nonetheless.

GUTCHUCKER

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

Is she a good witch, or a bad witch?

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

GUTCHUCKER wrote:Is she a good witch, or a bad witch?
Or a nihilist witch?

GUTCHUCKER

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

Or a postmodernist witch?

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

GUTCHUCKER wrote:Is she a good witch, or a bad witch?
Going with the Wizard of Oz rule, I guess she'd be a bad witch what with the green skin and all. But since seeing Wicked I don't know what to believe anymore!

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Hey, I sketched an Ai Weiwei. He was one of the guys who designed the Beijing Olympic stadium. Reference was used.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

I think I burned myself out painting this. I'll probably have a real opinion on this in a few days, but for right now I spent too much time on it to not not show people.

Today I thought I'd paint a banana to relax:

I think the banana came out well, but I'm still feeling queasy. I may have to just take a day off.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

I might go in and make the stem it's hanging on longer tomorrow, but right now I just took forever to finish this and there is nobody around to show.

Drawn in Gimp, photo reference was used. Took two episodes of Q and 5 episodes of Ideas.

Edit: Touched up slightly.