Nanowrimo 2014

For original creative work. For the love of Zach, read Rule 30.

Moderator: Kimra

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Nanowrimo 2014

Post by Kimra »

I suppose I should points out that Nanowrimo is happening again in a few days. 1st of November, coincidently. I will be in the process of going insane with uni assignments and nano combined. Anyone else straddling the fence of insanity by doing nano? Don't worry I know your all already on that fence. I just mean in this regard specifically.
King Prawn

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Re: Nanowrimo 2014

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

Mebs
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

I feel tempted since my workload is considerably less this semester. Just need to think of something to write about.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Post by Liriodendron_fagotti »

Write about how you'd feel safer if Burquas and Niqabs were banned.
Continual disappointment is the spice of life.

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

Is anyone writing anything?
Microaggression? Microaggression!

Felstaff
XKCD spy

Post by Felstaff »

oh shit nanowrimo.

I totally forgot. And now it's the... goddamn. 18th? Jesus.
255 characters of free advertising space? I'm selling these line feather jackets...

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

Just write from now until the 18th of December.
Microaggression? Microaggression!

Sahan

Post by Sahan »

I decided to postpone my attempt and start writing from the 22nd onwards. I'm a little worried that the idea that I've been coming up in my head might now venture into territory covered by the movie that just came out, Interstellar, so I'm going to have to not watch it until my attempt at writing is over.
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Post by Liriodendron_fagotti »

I've been meaning to see it. If what you're starting to write is at all similar to what I think it's about, that sounds pretty interesting. I'm pretty sure "space" is involved.
Continual disappointment is the spice of life.

Sahan

Post by Sahan »

I'd been thinking up writing a story from the perspective a pioneer coloniser on a new colony on Mars. I don't know much about what Interstellar is about, but I'd rather not have to wonder how much I'm ripping it off when I come up with my story.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Man do I wish I was together enough to have started this. Some writing is really what I could use right now. I still have my idea from a few years back, I just don't have enough imagination to actually piece together what could generously be considered my 'outline'.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

I actually started thinking about a novel just before November and stopped due to stress. Nano always falls at the worst time of the year for me. Maybe I'll get some writing done over the break.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Sahan

Post by Sahan »

Yeah, November has always been a really bad month for me due to exams, but now that university is officially over for me, it won't be anymore. Nonetheless, I'm starting mine tomorrow because I don't think it matters when you do it, as long as you give yourself time to do it. I'm gonna call it SaNoWriMo (Sahan's Novel Writing Month).

Also, Lethal, I've been in pretty much in the same boat with my idea, so I ended up discussing what I had so far with some friends, who helped me tease and probe out more details with their questions, as well as offer some suggestions for plot points. It's still going to be really sketchy and poorly thought out in a lot of places, but from my experience with writing songs, it's better to get a really rough idea out there to polish at a later date, than have it stuck in your head until you forget everything about it.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Sahan wrote:Yeah, November has always been a really bad month for me due to exams, but now that university is officially over for me, it won't be anymore. Nonetheless, I'm starting mine tomorrow because I don't think it matters when you do it, as long as you give yourself time to do it. I'm gonna call it SaNoWriMo (Sahan's Novel Writing Month).

Also, Lethal, I've been in pretty much in the same boat with my idea, so I ended up discussing what I had so far with some friends, who helped me tease and probe out more details with their questions, as well as offer some suggestions for plot points. It's still going to be really sketchy and poorly thought out in a lot of places, but from my experience with writing songs, it's better to get a really rough idea out there to polish at a later date, than have it stuck in your head until you forget everything about it.

Good stuff. I hope you start.

I also feel a little deterred from starting because since developing my initial idea I have realized it is less original than I thought. Granted it was an original idea (well with one inspiration that isn't fictional), I've just since seen or heard about stories/movies that hit closer to the mark than I feel comfortable with.

Felstaff
XKCD spy

Post by Felstaff »

Guys... I think NaNoWriMo might have killed Kimra.

The dates add up and everything.
255 characters of free advertising space? I'm selling these line feather jackets...