Spelling of what?

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

shanen

Spelling of what?

Post by shanen »

Actually it was the French scribes who refused to write English words starting with H before W, but if you sound it out carefully, you can tell that they are pronounced with the H first.

chapkachapka

Re: Spelling of what?

Post by chapkachapka »

Fun fact, a chairde: To an Irish-speaking Druid, "uisce" just means water and whiskey is "fuisce".

The original name for whiskey, when It was invented (and perfected) in Ireland, was "uisce beatha", which means "water of life" (just like "eau de vie" and "akvavit").

In modern Irish, because "uisce beatha" is too long and using "uisce" as shorthand for both water and whiskey is problematic, people say "fuisce" or "fuiscí" instead.

Also: my non-Gaeilgeoir laptop wants to autocorrect "uisce beatha" to "miscue Bertha" and I don't hate it.

whitesofn

Post by whitesofn »

test your patience with rolling ball 3d where you need to keep the ball running endlessly without falling, show off your highest achievement for everyone to admire

kolbet

Post by kolbet »

hello

Gustavo Elliott

Post by Gustavo Elliott »

A entertaining and competitive version of Snake is snake io . As you absorb the orbs strewn over the planet, you begin as a small worm and get longer. You compete with other players who are trying to do the same thing while trying to avoid running into them. Are you capable of growing to be the longest worm ever?

insjorg

Post by insjorg »

Thanks

Mikolan

Post by Mikolan »

Hello. A very relevant question. Because now I am in the environment of American English speakers, but I understand that my level leaves much to be desired. I seem to be able to express whatever I want, but I realize that my accent leaves much to be desired. Therefore, I decided to enroll in a phonetic course https://expressyourselfslp.com/ . Heard a lot about him. Yes, and the leader has a lot of great reviews. I think you should also give it a try.

stumble

Post by stumble »

Spend some time playing. I'm interested in finding out more because I have strong views about it. Would you please provide more details to your blog post? We will all actually gain from it. stumble guys

boystrong1002

Post by boystrong1002 »

I like your post. It is good to see you verbalize from the heart and clarity on this important subject can be easily observed... temple run 3