Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

Zzyzx

[2012-May-12] Licenses

Post by Zzyzx »

What's a gun license? :shock:

MacFall

Re: [12 May 2012] Licenses

Post by MacFall »

Actually marriage licenses were instituted to "protect" white women from marrying black men. Not so much even the other way around.

If I ever get married I will NOT be getting a government license to do it. Nor should anyone else, in my opinion.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Zzyzx wrote:What's a gun license? :shock:
It's a special type of driver's license you can get that looks like and operates like a handgun. That way you have a line of offence when people cut you off.

Sandwiches
[Insert In Mouth]

Post by Sandwiches »

In Britain you get a gun license if you have a gun. But you can't get a gun without a gun license.

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

Sandwiches wrote:In Britain you get a gun license if you have a gun. But you can't get a gun without a gun license.
They more less tried the same catch 22 in the US with the Marijuana [sic] Tax Act. Basically you could possess marijuana under federal law if you had a tax stamp. If you didn't have the tax stamp, you could get 5 years and a $2000 fine. However, most states had criminal laws regarding the possession of marijuana, so getting the tax stamp would force you to incriminate yourself at the state level. It was eventually overturned by the Supreme Court for being unconstitutional do to the whole self incrimination and then repealed and replaced by criminal law a year or so later.
Actually marriage licenses were instituted to "protect" white women from marrying black men. Not so much even the other way around.
Not exactly, at least in the US. Marriage licenses were originally not required in the US (just registration) and cohabitation was generally enough to prove the existence of a valid marriage (common law). After the civil war, many states started requiring actual government issued licenses and by the early 20th century most of the states had prohibitions against a whole host of what they believed were improper marriages. Including marriage of whites to non-whites,* marriages to alcoholics or addicts, marriages to people with developmental disability or psychological disorders, and divorced people remarrying. Most of those were completely struck down by the courts after a few decades.

*Perhaps it was easier for a white man to obtain a license to marry a non-white in some states, then it was for a white woman, I don't know. I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case. But many states didn't specify and listed a whole host of other races that whites couldn't marry.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

Sandwiches
[Insert In Mouth]

Post by Sandwiches »

Kaharz wrote:
Sandwiches wrote:In Britain you get a gun license if you have a gun. But you can't get a gun without a gun license.
They more less tried the same catch 22 in the US with the Marijuana [sic] Tax Act.
Yes exactly the same except my one doesn't exist. It was a humorous observation that it is difficult to get a gun in the UK.

Laslo

Re: [2012-May-12] Licenses

Post by Laslo »

Do you have driver licence? What is the problem? How can you buy a car without driver licence, I don't understand. Even in such case you can ask someone for help, this can be your relative or friend. By the way I recently find how it can be in Luxembourg, if you also will need this, here on https://luxtoday.lu/en/knowledge/how-to ... nse-in you can always find full information!

kenifa

Post by kenifa »

I can say the same about the driver's license. If there is no time, and the license is urgently needed, then I have to resort to the help of these guys https://fairyid.com/product/maryland-fake-id/ there you can quickly and inexpensively order everything. I understand that this is not quite right, but there are situations where you need to act quickly, and no matter how right it is.

12Marie

Post by 12Marie »

To buy fake ID visit idchief. You can also see their galleries where you will get many options from which you can select one. If you like this site then you can also make an order for your cards. By visiting this site you may also know about the how they make cards and what are their way of making cards.

briansclub

Post by briansclub »

Thanks for sharing this information about licenses! It's great to learn about different types of licenses and their importance. I was wondering, in the post, it mentions licenses for various purposes, but what about briansclub? What kind of license would be required for that?