FAQ [For the less clever, answers are inside]

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Re: FAQ

Post by Astrogirl »

You post your e-mail address publicly without even replacing the @? You must love spam.
Microaggression? Microaggression!

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

None of it ever reaches my inbox, what with how well Google filters spam.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

gavin
A Disappointment.

Post by gavin »

Edminster wrote:I am ridiculously contactable!
Google+ https://plus.google.com/105285954213224196778
email- Retsnimdecorp@gmail.com
YIM- Retsnimdecorp@yahoo.com
MSN- Retsnimdecorp@gmail.com
AIM- Retsnimdecorp

You do realise you're only out for a week, right? Well, two now that I'm tacking on an extra week for trying to skirt around probation. If the game comes up before then just pass your explanation on through me and I'll post it for you.
Skirt around probation? I was quite happy to serve out what I figured was mostly a joke on your part after you and several members swore up and down that banning wouldn't actually occur if the conversation continued. Those declarations coupled with the desire to continue talking about quantum mechanics led me to take such a step to respond even at the cost of beating a dead horse about the religion shit also there. I posted here as a guest because I wanted some clarification about such contradictory actions and whether it was a little joke and a little hint/point in the right direction at the same time or something else. I'm not a child, not posting for some length of time isn't punishment or motivation. Me not wanting to be a dick is though.

Clearly explaining what you actually expect from me would enable me to take part in a more meaningful way without crossing lines. Many of you have spend a ton of hours on a multitude of message boards. This is the only one I'm using and a fairly unique one at that. So I don't have experience yet in this form of dialogue so when you say one thing and do another, I'm bound to fall into the trap. Especially since you have legitimate authority in this environment.

EDIT: To clarify, a guest can't look at a user's contact information. So I could not see the information you thought was a given.
;-)

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

gavin wrote:you and several members swore up and down that banning wouldn't actually occur if the conversation continued.
And it still hasn't occurred! It's just a quirk of the forum software that probations are called "bans".

When we speak of banning, we're talking about "never allowed to return". To date, only Slimredninja, Roman Cilicia, LordRetard, and Cirtur have been banned under my administration. I wish them well in their adventures away from this forum (Lord Retard especially, because last I heard he got gay married to a strapping lumberjack).
gavin wrote:So I don't have experience yet in this form of dialogue so when you say one thing and do another, I'm bound to fall into the trap.
This assumes we did in fact say we were going to do one thing and instead did something else, which is not the case.
gavin wrote:Skirt around probation? I was quite happy to serve out what I figured was mostly a joke
Apparently you weren't, because otherwise you would have refrained from posting! Vargonian managed this just fine (although I find it curious that he returned today despite his probation ending a week ago).

If it really bothers you so much, why have you not attempted to contact me in the past two weeks? I've given you all but my telephone number and home address, surely that's enough! I'm only mostly without compassion; had you sent a quick IM saying something to the effect of "dude quit being retarded, guest accounts can't see contact info so I had to do that" the harsher punishment would have been lifted. Alternatively you could have gone the deception route and NOT used "gavin" in the name asking for my contact info, which (while slightly dishonest) would have also avoided the unbearable torture of you being unable to post for an additional week.

You had options, but took none of them because they weren't explicitly pointed out; this abundant lack of critical thinking and interpolation skills you have combined with your near-limitless ability to whinge does not bode well for your future on this forum.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

You're being mean.

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

Dracula called, and he's coming for you tonight.
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

Gangler
watashi wa kawaii desu ne ^o^;

Post by Gangler »

I generally just wait until I've crossed a line and then take note of where it was. I don't really get what all the fuss is about.
Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon
about to eat your face.

GUTCHUCKER

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

Gangler wrote:I don't really get what all the fuss is about.
GUTCHUCKER wrote:Dracula called, and he's coming for you tonight.

Gangler

Post by Gangler »

I would think Dracula would prefer victims who sleep at night. Wouldn't that just make his job easier?
Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon
about to eat your face.

GUTCHUCKER

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

Yes

Gangler

Post by Gangler »

So I'm just worth the extra effort then. That's actually pretty flattering.
about to eat your face.

gavin
A Disappointment.

Post by gavin »

Edminster wrote:Apparently you weren't, because otherwise you would have refrained from posting! Vargonian managed this just fine (although I find it curious that he returned today despite his probation ending a week ago).

If it really bothers you so much, why have you not attempted to contact me in the past two weeks? I've given you all but my telephone number and home address, surely that's enough! I'm only mostly without compassion; had you sent a quick IM saying something to the effect of "dude quit being retarded, guest accounts can't see contact info so I had to do that" the harsher punishment would have been lifted. Alternatively you could have gone the deception route and NOT used "gavin" in the name asking for my contact info, which (while slightly dishonest) would have also avoided the unbearable torture of you being unable to post for an additional week.

You had options, but took none of them because they weren't explicitly pointed out; this abundant lack of critical thinking and interpolation skills you have combined with your near-limitless ability to whinge does not bode well for your future on this forum.
Maybe the IP ban had something to do with me not seeing the list of ways to contact you. I generally only use the internet for more involved things while at work. Sure, I could have gotten on with another IP address elsewhere or used a bit of software I have, but why would I bother you if just asking for your info resulted in a doubled ban-length. How should I have known that a very active administrator such as yourself wouldn't know that guest accounts can't look up user info? It's not like I could see anything but the note you posted in the IP ban page about me being such an idiot.

As for being dishonest, I'm not sneaky. The things I do in my life are done openly and without guile. Honestly, I'd never make it as a politician. I appreciate that you would have understood the guest post had I contacted you but me being back sooner didn't really matter. What mattered was that I thought I was "banned" for something you and the community expressly assured me wouldn't actually happen. It has now been expressed that "probation"/temporary bannings don't count as a ban. Which makes sense to me.

Don't concern yourself with this incident any further. I'll figure the community out with enough time. With the sort of humor we seem to share I didn't really expect this to be particularly easy.
;-)

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

So, that's all sorted now? No hard feelings? Nothing to see? Just a big man snog of forgiveness and we move on?

Excellent.
King Prawn

gavin
A Disappointment.

Post by gavin »

Kimra wrote:So, that's all sorted now? No hard feelings? Nothing to see? Just a big man snog of forgiveness and we move on?

Excellent.
Never were any hard feelings. There was only confusion at an apparent dichotomy between words spoken and actions taken. That has been cleared up.

EDIT: I even learned a new word, "whinge". It's kinda nice to think that I'm bothering Ed to some degree. Like if I wasn't bothering him then there would be something wrong with me. Though I hardly find pointing out inconsistencies while desiring clarification to be complaining. It's interesting to see how people read and personify unspoken text with ridiculously incorrect motivations and/or tones.
;-)

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

This does not look like no hard feelings.

And rightly so, Ed, rightly so. Your abuse of power is not going to end well.