[2011-Aug-05]

Post by SRND »

http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=2328

Zach, I only have one thing to say to you:

y = e^x

Clare

Re: (05 August 2011)

Post by Clare »

Damn, that was my first thought too! Asymptotes rule.

"Stop being so linear, Zach Weiner"..

ChaoticBrain
[ASK] me about supple pony flanks

Post by ChaoticBrain »

Quintushalls

Post by Quintushalls »

I always assumed love and hate for males was cyclic corresponding to PMS.

Clare

Post by Clare »

Quintushalls wrote:I always assumed love and hate for males was cyclic corresponding to PMS.
Oh yes, that is *such* an attractive attitude. Mmmmmm!

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Clare wrote:
Quintushalls wrote:I always assumed love and hate for males was cyclic corresponding to PMS.
Oh yes, that is *such* an attractive attitude. Mmmmmm!
Fun Fact: Only about five percent of women actually experience true PMS symptoms during their period. Image

Actually, I find women are usually about as rational as people ever are. Which is not very, with a few notable exceptions, which is pretty much exactly what I find for men.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

That actually makes a ton of sense. I know a couple of women who always bitch* about their cramps when they get them and that's about it. I've never seen a woman undergo any kind of strange personality change and then go, "hey, she must be PMSing!" Okay there was that one time but she was totally a bitch all the time so I don't really care.

Most of the women I knew in high school were too thin to menstruate. I guess that's a Fun Fact!

*Yeah, 'cause hoes be bitches. That's why I used that word.

EDIT: When I think about it, most of what men know about the menstrual cycle is taken almost entirely from sitcoms.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

DonRetrasado wrote: Most of the women I knew in high school were too thin to menstruate. I guess that's a Fun Fact!
Did you know a lot of anorexic girls or something? Because that's uh... not too healthly.

You know what I don't understand? Ladies who say they like having their period because it makes them 'feel like a woman' or 'feel connected to nature'. Even if you don't have any other symptoms than bleeding for 5 days straight, it's still bleeding for 5 days straight. Bitches be crazy.
DonRetrasado wrote:When I think about it, most of what men know about the menstrual cycle is taken almost entirely from sitcoms.
Unless one grows up outnumbered by women like my brother did. He'd go into the supermarket with me and try to recommend a brand of pads for me, based on which advertisement he'd seen lately.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

My sister gets extremely angry because of the level of pain she's in. She spends her time lying prone on a lounge/bed and destroying the world with her temper. Then again it turns out she actually has a medical condition besides PMS. I am always thankful I don't have that problem, I just get migraines.
King Prawn

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Apocalyptus wrote:He'd go into the supermarket with me and try to recommend a brand of pads for me, based on which advertisement he'd seen lately.
That's one of the most adorable things I've ever heard.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

It actually was pretty adorable. Pity that boy had to go through puberty. Although he does still have the face of a twelve year old girl, now it's stuck on the top of a stick-thin, 6 foot five body.
Kimra wrote:My sister gets extremely angry because of the level of pain she's in. She spends her time lying prone on a lounge/bed and destroying the world with her temper. Then again it turns out she actually has a medical condition besides PMS. I am always thankful I don't have that problem, I just get migraines.
Well that sucks. The worst I have to deal with is the occasional cramp, that disappears with the application of naproxen.
Does she have endometriosis or something?
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Apocalyptus wrote:It actually was pretty adorable. Pity that boy had to go through puberty. Although he does still have the face of a twelve year old girl, now it's stuck on the top of a stick-thin, 6 foot five body.
Kimra wrote:My sister gets extremely angry because of the level of pain she's in. She spends her time lying prone on a lounge/bed and destroying the world with her temper. Then again it turns out she actually has a medical condition besides PMS. I am always thankful I don't have that problem, I just get migraines.
Well that sucks. The worst I have to deal with is the occasional cramp, that disappears with the application of naproxen.
Does she have endometriosis or something?
A friend of mine used to get really bad PMS symptoms. Not that she turned into a bitch or anything, just really bad cramps (or at least that's all she shared). She's the only female friend who either made mention of it or had any noticable changes (and her changes were really just that she'd often be MIA for a few days).

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Apocalyptus wrote:
DonRetrasado wrote: Most of the women I knew in high school were too thin to menstruate. I guess that's a Fun Fact!
Did you know a lot of anorexic girls or something? Because that's uh... not too healthly.
Yeah, basically.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

Considering I went to an all girls school, I don't actually remember anyone complaining about period pain etc. But then again things like that get worse as you get older. Isn't it fun?

And yeah Apoc, I don't remember the medical term, but that is most likely it (or something very similar). Reading the wiki article 5-10% of all women have it, that's a much higher number than I would have suspected.
King Prawn

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Cramps don't really fall under PMS. For it to be true PMS you need to have the emotional symptoms along with the physical ones. And it only refers to what someone experiences prior to their actual period. I suspect that cramps are actually quite a bit more common than just five percent.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.