Page 2 of 2

Re: [2011-Nov-01] Smart Children are Dumb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:22 pm
by Kimra
They taught me that if a guy apologises and catches a plane, then he loves you unconditionally and should forgive him.

Re: [2011-Nov-01] Smart Children are Dumb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:20 pm
by Guest12345
Of course -- who could forget those exemplary moral relativists, the Nazis?

There's only one group of people who are "capable of anything," and it ain't moral relativists.

Re: [2011-Nov-01] Smart Children are Dumb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:21 pm
by In Jam
See this doesn't work, because a psychopath under your bed isn't scary.

Re: [2011-Nov-01] Smart Children are Dumb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:24 pm
by DonRetrasado
Guest12345 wrote:There's only one group of people who are "capable of anything," and it ain't moral relativists.


my guidance counselor said i could do anything if i applied myself

Re: [2011-Nov-01] Smart Children are Dumb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:36 pm
by Gruest
Guest12345 wrote:Of course -- who could forget those exemplary moral relativists, the Nazis?

There's only one group of people who are "capable of anything," and it ain't moral relativists.


Right, but, see, there's a part when you have to make a joke. That an actual moral relativist wouldn't murder people (or whatever) because she feels that murder is only wrong by subjective standards is the point of the comic; the child is too young to understand the nuance of the way in which moral relativism was presumably defined in the philosophical books he'd been reading.

Re: [2011-Nov-01] Smart Children are Dumb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:49 pm
by In Jam
I made you this avatar, Gruest.

Image

I hope you like it.

Re: [2011-Nov-01] Smart Children are Dumb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:52 pm
by Edminster
Gruest, saviour of the LCD forum.

Re: [2011-Nov-01] Smart Children are Dumb

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:20 am
by Jiro
DonRetrasado wrote:
Guest12345 wrote:There's only one group of people who are "capable of anything," and it ain't moral relativists.


my guidance counselor said i could do anything if i applied myself


Guidance counsellors are trained in the art of lying.

Re: [2011-Nov-01] Smart Children are Dumb

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:00 am
by GUTCHUCKER
Erm, what if you're not a psychopath, you're just capable of ignoring consequences and morals?

Re: [2011-Nov-01] Smart Children are Dumb

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:54 am
by Guest12345
Gruest wrote:Right, but, see, there's a part when you have to make a joke.


Ah, so that's what was missing! I thought there was something a little off about SMBC lately.